This citrus strawberry mocktail is one of my favorite non-alcoholic drinks for spring and summer parties!
You guys, I’m so excited! I was invited to participate in Clinton Kelly’s Make Over Your Margarita challenge. I’ve loved Clinton Kelly since my What Not to Wear marathon days and immediately knew I wanted to participate. As part of the challenge, Clinton made an amazing looking mango margarita and some of my favorite bloggers put their own spin on the classic. While I don’t drink alcohol so while I’ve never had a margarita, I was excited to take the challenge and make over a margarita in my own, non-alcoholic way using two of my favorite summer flavors – citrus and strawberries.
This citrus strawberry mocktail is absolutely perfect for the summer. It’s a little sweet, fruity, and 100% refreshing. I’ll definitely be making these at some of my upcoming outdoor parties, the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Start it off with a simple syrup made with water, sugar, and fresh summer strawberries.
While your simple syrup is cooking, zest a lime and mix the lime zest with sugar to make lime sugar for the rims of the glasses.
Then all you have to do is mix the strawberry simple syrup, lemon lime soda (or club soda if you prefer it less sweet), lime juice, and macerated strawberries for the ultimate summer mocktail. And don’t forget to check out how all of the other bloggers (and Clinton) made over your standard margaritain Clinton Kelly’s Make Over Your Margarita challenge.
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 4 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Chopped strawberries and lime slices for garnish
- Mix zest of lime and sugar together to create lime sugar.
- Dip rim of glass in water then immediately into lime sugar to coat rim of glass in sugar.
- Mix lemon-lime soda, simple syrup, and macerated strawberries together until well combined.
- Garnish with chopped strawberries and lime slices.
- You may substitute club soda for lemon-lime soda if you find the drink too sweet.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped and pulsed in the blender
- Mix sugar, water, and strawberries together in a pot.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling.
- Mix together while boiling until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to strain liquid syrup from leftover strawberries. If you'd like to add additional flavor to the citrus strawberry mocktail, you can put some of the leftover strawberry mixture into the drink.