This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine. This post contains affiliate links so if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you!
If you like an all-american breakfast of eggs, bacon, and hash browns, then you’re going to love these easy breakfast muffins with a hash brown crust! They’re great for an easy breakfast or to feed a large group brunch! And if you’re looking for more breakfast muffin ideas, make sure to check out my egg and sausage muffins with a biscuit crust!
One of my favorite times of day to throw parties is brunch, those glorious in between breakfast hours from 10-2. Almost every brunch I host, I make my mini frittatas because they’re delicious warm or at room temperature and pretty much everyone loves them. This week when my mother-in-law was in town, I thought it would be fun to try something new for our before church brunch on Sunday and added a hash brown crust to turn the frittatas into muffins.
One of my favorite times of day to throw parties is brunchtime, those glorious in between breakfast hours from 10-2. Almost every brunch I host, I make my mini frittatas because they’re delicious warm or at room temperature and pretty much everyone loves them. This week when my mother-in-law was in town, I thought it would be fun to try something new for our before church brunch on Sunday and added a hash brown crust to turn the frittatas into muffins. These muffins are perfect not only for brunch but also for a quick and easy breakfast idea. They hold up well, so you could easily make them at the beginning of the week and just pop in the microwave for a few seconds to eat as you’re walking out the door. And making them couldn’t be much easier. Start out by getting your ingredients together. I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve gotten 3/4 of the way through a recipe only to realize I’m missing a key ingredient, one of the only ones you can’t find a substitute for. So yes, first get together all of your ingredients to make sure you have everything!
Once you’ve made sure you have everything, mix the Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns with a little egg, salt, pepper, and cheese. If you’re not familiar with Simply Potatoes, they’re real ingredients (potatoes) that have already been shredded up for you, and you can find them in your local grocery store’s refrigerated (not frozen) section. They’re perfect for this dish because you don’t end up with all of the extra water that sometimes happens with frozen hash browns thawing and because all you have to do is open the bag, no peeling and chopping required! Put the potato mixture into the muffin tin (I absolutely love this one!) and press it down with the bottom of a cup to form a hash brown “crust.”
Pop those babies in the oven for a few minutes to let them crisp up slightly. And while that’s happening, mix up your egg mixture. After the hash browns have cooked for a few minutes, top with the egg mixture and cook again. You can just cook it all together once, but the bottom won’t get as crispy. Cook until the egg is throughly cooked and puffs up like so.
And that’s it, the perfect individual sized brunch casserole to impress your guests at baby showers, bridal showers, or whatever occasion you may eat brunch at. Or breakfast. Or dinner if breakfast for dinner is your kind of thing. It’s not mine unless waffles with ice cream are involved and then I’m all in. Sign up for my email newsletter for more quick and easy breakfast recipes or check out my breakfast recipes board on Pinterest for more breakfast inspiration right now.
And if you’re looking for more breakfast muffin ideas, make sure to check out my egg and sausage muffins with a biscuit crust!
You might also like these other great breakfast recipes
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend (or your other favorite) cheese
- 1 20 oz bag Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns
- 10 slices crispy bacon, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray two 12 cup muffin tins with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix entire bag of hash browns with 1 egg, 1/3 cup cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1 Tbs olive oil in large bowl.
- Split hash brown mixture evenly among the 24 baking cups then pat it down with the back of a cup or other round container that fits into the muffin tins.
- Bake hash brown crust in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until it gets slightly browned and crispy.
- While crust is cooking, mix remaining eight eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Once hash brown crust is slightly browned, split the egg mixture evenly on top of the hash browns in the muffin tins, filling to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tins by sliding a silicone spatula around the outside of the cups.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.