This SNICKERS® popcorn is the perfect game day treat! Thanks to #CollectiveBias and its advertiser for sponsoring this post and giving me an excuse to create these yummy #GameDayTreats! While I may have received compensation for the post, the ideas, opinions, and content are 100% honest and my own.
While I was at BASH Conference this past weekend, they had a number of sweet popcorns for us to try during our Hollywood party. I’ve had kettle corn before but I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about cookies & cream, red velvet, cinnamon pecan, and other yummy flavors. After I’d tried all of them, I became infatuated with the idea of creating my own sweet popcorn recipe. I didn’t want to recreate one of the flavors I tried so instead, I decided to make one inspired by my favorite candy bar – SNICKERS. And hence, the idea for this SNICKERS popcorn recipe was born.
You can pick up everything you need for the SNICKERS popcorn at Walmart. I used the SNICKERS 12 Pack Fun Size bars that I found in the candy aisle for this recipe. While I was there I also picked up a 14oz bag of Skittles® because I love me some fruity candy!
In addition to the SNICKERS, you’ll need popcorn, milk chocolate chips, melting caramels, and peanuts.
This recipe is so simple to make! Melt your chocolate chips and caramel in the microwave and while they’re melting, chop up your SNICKERS into small bite-sized pieces.
Once everything is melted, put your popcorn, SNICKERS, and peanuts into a large plastic baggie and shake to mix. Then add in your melted chocolate and caramel and mix again until everything is well combined.
And you’re done! You now have a delicious popcorn that everyone will love.
I’m planning to serve mine in black and white referee popcorn boxes topped with little Fun Size SNICKERS cut and decorated to look like footballs at our big game day party in a few weeks. For me, football and popcorn just go together since it is my favorite snack anytime we go watch a game at the stadium!
And those Skittles, they’re going in team color cups on the football field I made for our football date night last year. It’s the simple things that make a party memorable.
What’s your favorite big game day treat? Leave a link to the recipe in the comments, and I’ll try it out at this year’s game day party!
- 24 Fun Size SNICKERS candy bars, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips, melted
- 24 square caramels, unwrapped and melted
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Melt the chocolate chips with a little bit of vegetable oil in the microwave on medium power in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between each round of cooking.
- Melt the caramels with a little bit of water in the microwave on medium power first for 30 seconds then in increments of 15 seconds until reaches a pouring consistency, stirring between each round.
- Chop SNICKERS into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour popcorn into large ziploc bag.
- Add peanuts and chopped SNICKERS into bag and shake to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate and melted caramel into bag and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Serve popcorn in large bowl or individual containers.
- If you'd prefer it to be more sweet, you can substitute kettle corn for the popcorn.