I’ll admit it, this post has a selfish purpose – I had to come up with a list of gift ideas that I personally wanted for Christmas. Being a newbie blogger, I have lots of things that I want to make my blogging better. So this list is based on my own personal blogging wish list plus the wish list of a bunch of my blogging friends. Now all you need to do is send this list to your significant other (or in my case, my mother-in-law) to pick out something fun from the list. And without further delay, here’s my list of 40+ stocking stuffers and gift ideas for bloggers.
*Disclaimer: Some of these links are affiliate links and I might make money off of them if you click on them. The affiliate links didn’t influence this list whatsoever, they are all things I would really want.
Big Gifts – $100 or more
- Blogger Conference (amount varies) – Almost every blogger I know would love to go to a blogger conference but between airfare, hotels, and the conference registration, they are really expensive. I’m going to SNAP in April (yay!) and it’s probably going to cost me somewhere around $1000. Even offering to pay for the airfare or hotel room would be an awesome gift.
- Nice Camera (amount varies) – Photography is key when it comes to blogging and every blogger would love a nice (DSLR) camera. I’ve had the Canon Rebel t3i that I loved and recently upgraded to the Canon 6D and it is AMAZING. The full frame is seriously a game-changer.
- Camera Lens (amount varies) – If your blogger already has a camera, next step up is a camera lens. These are four of my favorite lenses and I highly recommend any of them!
- External Flash or Speedlite – This is essential for taking good pictures in low light or in the dark. Your pop-up flash can wash out subjects and an external flash can bounce off a surface and create a soft lightning effect. You can see an example of how I used my external flash in my moms helping moms party. This is the Canon one I have and LOVE.
- Nice laptop (amount varies) – I tried blogging with a junky old laptop for about a month before I realized it was time for an upgrade. Blogging is SO much easier with my MacBook Pro. If you can swing the cost of a MacBook ($1200+) I highly recommend it. If not, any new laptop would make any blogger’s life easier.
- Silhouette Cameo ($259) – Okay I admit this is more for the crafty/party/DIY blogger but these are awesome. I bought one a couple of years ago after seeing it on Kaysi’s blog and LOVE it. Since I’ve started blogging I use it all the time.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Subscription ($49/month) – Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, and all of the other programs that are part of the Adobe Suite in one place for one monthly subscription price. PicMonkey and other photo editing programs work but this is a wish list and my wish list includes Illustrator for printables, Photoshop/Lightroom for editing, and InDesign for creating lists, documents, etc.
- New Blog Design (amount varies) – obviously this is more of a “coupon for” gift idea but unless they’ve recently had their site designed, most bloggers would love a fancy new blog design. Or maybe even just a new logo or update, which is much cheaper. My logo was done by Lorna from www.lornabautistadesigns.com and I love it.
- New Camera Bag (amount varies) – This could easily be in the $50-100 (or cheaper) category but the Jo Totes Camera Bag I want is $119 so I’ve included it here. Bloggers take their camera everywhere and it’d be nice to be able to transport it in a fashionable and functional way. Even better if the camera can hold the laptop as well like this one from Epiphanie Bags!
- Cleaning Service – This is really a gift that would be nice for anyone but as a blogger there are so many things I’d love to be doing other than scrubbing my floors. Surprise someone with a coupon for a cleaning service to come in and clean their house, once or multiple times.
- Erin Condren Planner ($50) – I know it sounds like a lot for a planner but I absolutely love mine. It’s colorful, personal, and best of all functional. You could always get them something cheaper as well but Erin Condren ones are just awesome. See how I use mine in my tips for how to be more productive.
- Lightbox Kit (price varies) – Again, it all comes down to lighting and photography in blogging. I personally want this one for $89 but there are also a bunch of cheaper options from Amazon.
- Business Cards (amount varies) – Bloggers hand out business cards like candy at events, blogger conferences, etc. and they can get expensive. A coupon for business cards from somewhere like moo.com or uprinting.com would be a great gift.
- New Headshots – Similar to the business card above, a headshot is important for creating a media kit and to include on your blog. Unless you can take great head shots yourself, it’s nice to have someone else take one for you.
- PicMonkey Membership ($5/month or $33/year) – PicMonkey is awesome and I use it on a daily basis as a blogger. I upgraded to the premium membership a month ago and it’s worth it to use all of the different fonts, backgrounds, etc. This is definitely a cheaper alternative to Creative Cloud.
- Tripod ($25) – Makes taking pictures easier, especially pictures where you need two hands to demonstrate the product. And a tripod would be awesome for videos as well.
- Photography Course – You could find one local that they could go to in person or there are plenty of options like this one from Craftsy that’s $39 or Groupon tends to have great photography courses for cheap. I bought one from Groupon that I’m excited to try.
- Printer Ink (price varies) – So boring I know but I personally go through TONS of ink printing out printables, banners, etc. It’s amazing how much ink just one chalkboard background takes.
- Gift Cards – This could really go under any of these depending on the amount of the gift card. Some of my favorite places for me personally are Pick Your Plum, Garnish, Home Goods, Target, Amazon, or craft stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Jo-Anns. You can never go wrong with a gift card.
- Lightscoop Deluxe ($37) – This awesome product takes the flash from your DSLR camera, bounces it off the ceiling, and makes it less harsh in your photos. Pretty much love the idea and want one myself.
- Portable Charger ($30) – Bloggers are always on their phones whether it be taking pictures, writing blog posts, or updating their social media pages. I’d love to have a portable charger that I can take with me to keep my iPhone charged when I need it the most.
Gifts for Under $25
- Plates, Dishes, and other Food Props – Blog photos look better staged and staging is all about the props (cake stands, plates, placemats, napkins, etc.). Fun props are always a good gift and these milk bottles almost always make a great prop. My favorite places for props are World Market, Amazon, Target, and HomeGoods.
- Picture Frames – A lot of bloggers use printables either for decoration, background props, or like me, for party signs. I have lots of picture frames (mostly solid) that I use all the time.
- Baskets/Containers – Perfect for the crafty/DIY blogger, we’re always looking for cute containers to put gift ideas, craft stuff, or anything else in. I love the ones they sell on Pick Your Plum, but I’m sure they have them other places as well.
- Photo/Party Backdrops – Amazon sells all sorts of backgrounds like this stone one that would be great for the background behind photos when you’re not lucky enough to actually have a stone floor or wood deck.
- Notebook – A nice notebook would be great for a blogger to write ideas, schedules, to-do lists, etc. I have one and use it all the time just for jotting things down when inspiration hits. This Kate Spade one is one of my favorites!
- Wireless Mouse – K loves to grab the cord on my mouse. I have a wireless mouse, which means that I can continue to blog without having to deal with K grabbing the cord and pulling it away.
- Magazine Subscriptions – I got a great deal on Zulily for cheap magazine subscriptions to things like Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart, Parenting Magazine, etc. I don’t really read the magazines but I LOVE looking through the photos for inspiration.
- A better Facebook reach. If you have a Facebook Fan page, you know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately unless you work of Facebook and can change their crazy algorithm, this one isn’t doable.
- More followers – All bloggers want people to read their blog, comment on their blog, and engage with their updates on social media. Show someone you care by supporting their efforts.
- Blogger Team – If they aren’t one of the lucky few to have them, I think most bloggers would love to have a blogger team to do the busy work like linking up to link parties every week, scheduling tweets, posting updates to Facebook, etc. Maybe offer your services to help out with these mundane tasks once a week.
- Babysitter – So many of the bloggers I know also have kids. I’m pretty sure any of them would love and appreciate a couple of hours to focus on their blog without having to also deal with changing diapers, making lunch, and picking kids up from school.
- More Sleep – Pretty sure most of my blogging conversations happen after midnight because we’re all awake. Everyone needs more sleep but bloggers especially.
- Contacts – Blogging consists of a lot of online and offline networking just like any other job. If you have a contact in a brand that you think the blogger would like to work with, connect them. Who knows, it might turn into a great advertising/sponsorship deal for your blogger.
- Mechanical pencils – In the blogging community things change faster than the blink of an eye. A post will be due one day then switched to another day the next. Or you’ll get a sponsored post assigned that will push the rest of your schedule out of whack. I always write in pencil because I know I’m going to have to move things around often. And I personally love mechanical pencils and need more than the one I have right now.
- Striped Straws – Food blogger, craft bloggers, party bloggers, or anyone who doesn’t anything creative needs striped straws. They’re the perfect accessory to any photo, printable, or party. And they come in so many cute colors. And they sell them on Amazon!
- Baking Twine – Just like striped straws, baking twine adds the perfect compliment to pretty much any baked good, party favor, or craft. I have baking twine in almost every color now. You can get tons of colors on Amazon with Amazon Prime!
- Anything that says Blogger on it – There are all sorts of cute things out there like this charm, or this bag, or this art piece that says “blogger.” Or even this cute t-shirt would be awesome!
- Earbuds/Headphones – There are plenty of times when you’re blogging and want to watch a fun video or listen to music but you don’t want the rest of the world to hear. Earbuds are easy and you can never have too many pairs, especially when you have an 8-month old who chews on the cords. These are a nice affordable pair.
- Fuzzy Socks – This one is a cop out but only because I think there’s no such thing as too many pairs of fuzzy socks. My feet get cold on those late nights and I’m always looking for fuzzy socks to put on. I love these polka dot ones!