These three contemporary dining room ideas are the perfect inspiration for my new contemporary dining room!
One of my goals for 2015 is to turn our living/dining room space into an actual space for living and a separate dining room area rather than just one big open area with our dining room table pushed to the wall and never used. Okay used for party food tables but never for actually eating as a family.
I’m not set on any particular design at this point but do know three things:
- One of the walls is painted a plum purple color and that’s not going to change. I love it.
- Both my husband and I lean toward more modern and contemporary designs.
- I know I want a large area rug to ground the design all together.
I decided to start with looking for rug ideas because I know a rug can bring an entire room together and honestly can be a great way to figure out the rest of your designs. And I know from personal experience that a rug can just make a room (and everyone in it) a little happier!
I searched a number of places and found some of my favorite rug options from Kalaty.com All of their rugs are handmade and most are hand-knotted, which I love because if I’m buying a rug, I want one that is high-quality! They also have tons of gorgeous rug options including an entire selection of contemporary rugs that I fell in love with immediately. Look at all of these gorgeous designs.
They also have great options under their new Southwestern and Ikat collections, I especially love the Southwestern collection. I’m all about fun patterns!
Here’s my dining room inspiration using some of my favorite rugs. I just love how the Kalaty rugs give the rooms a little bit of pattern and fun without being overwhelming! For the designs below, I used the Mojave Natural,Ice, and Heather Grey Gramercy, Rugs (in that order). You can click on each of the images below to find sources for all of the other items on Polyvore.
- Visiting the Kalaty Rug website (kalaty.com/rebate) and entering their email for a mail in rebate form – if you don’t win, you can still use the mail-in rebate form to get a discount on a rug of your own!
- Entering up to 3 valid, additional email addresses for the Mail-In Rebate, to count as 4 total contest entries
- Leaving a comment on your blog with the nearest Kalaty Rug dealer
- Leaving a comment on the Kalaty Rug Facebook with the nearest Kalaty Rug dealer
Enter the giveaway between now and December 13th. Two lucky winners will be chosen at random and notified on December 17th!