This is one of the cutest DIY food bars I’ve ever seen! So many fun holiday touches in this beautiful DIY trifle bar.
I only ever work with brands that I love but when Container Store contacted me to come up with a project for their blog, I was so excited! I’ve been known to walk around their store for hours imagining all of the incredible things I could do with their products in my home. This time around I was tasked with putting together a DIY holiday food bar that incorporated my picks from their brand new holiday collection. And I think it may be my favorite party post to date. I love how it turned out! And I loved partnering with Container Store on this project!
I’m just showing you a few glimpses of the party here, make sure to head over to the Container Store post or all the details!
One of the most fun parts of this partnership was going to the Container Store headquarters and literally walking through their warehouse to pick out what items I wanted to use for this collaboration. There were so many fun things to choose from, but I was immediately drawn to the bright and bold black and white designs throughout their gift wrap collection and added in some other red and gold touches to go with the classic black and white color scheme.
The Container Store holiday collection has so much to choose from though, so if these aren’t your colors – you’re bound to find something you like. It was so hard to choose! These are just some of my favorite items from the collection and that I used throughout the shoot!
- Trees in Snow Wrapping Paper
- Black Trees Wrapping Paper
- Let it Snow Reversible Wrapping Paper
- Christmas Scene Wrapping Paper
- Grey Owl Gift Card Holder
- Grey & Gold Twist Pom Pom Ornament
- Tacky Sweater Tie-On Ornaments
DIY Trifle Bar
I wanted to do something a bit different than like your typical cookie making table or hot chocolate bar. Those have been done over and over again, and I like different. There’s this restaurant near me that does cakes and trifles in jars, and I thought it’d be fun to recreate that experience in this DIY trifle bar. Two sizes of jars, all sorts of cake options, sauces, and of course toppings. Everything laid out to choose from in gorgeous Container Store products.
You could really do this for any time of the year, but I think it’s perfect for the holidays with a little gingerbread, peppermint, and other holiday flavors. I’m not going to go into all of the details of this table because the Container Store team already did that in their post over here. But I’ll leave you with some of my favorite photos from the shoot, ones that didn’t make it into the Container Store blog post.
These are some of my favorite touches from the shoot to look out for!
- Garland wrapped shelf with hanging ornaments to frame the shelf
- Wrapped gift boxes under the shelf to add depth to the setup
- Wrapped spice shelves that function as treat holders
- Gold serving trays lined with wrapping paper and ripped paper
- A wall covered in white tree wrapping paper creating the perfect backdrop for the shoot
- Finger nails that match the shoot (unlike in this post apparently)
- Gorgeous gift wrapping job – those years volunteering during Key Club in high school paid off
- Foods that match the party colors