I feel like our summer this year was a complete whirlwind. Lots of trips, lots of changes, and just lots. I almost feel cheated in a way. We swam in the ocean but only swam in a pool twice. We didn’t go to a single BBQ or picnic. And we didn’t eat ice cream and popsicles nearly enough!
So I’m not ready to let summer go just yet, which is probably good since summer in Texas lasts FOREVER I’ve been told. These frozen striped delight sandwiches are my way of holding onto summer as long as I can because if a frozen treat isn’t perfect for summer, then what is?
One of the other reasons I’m so excited about our move to Texas is that they have a ton of my favorite midwest stores that can’t be found anywhere near DC. Like Kroger, the grocery store where I can get everything I need no matter what it is I’m looking for. And I absolutely love their new Simple Truth Organics line, perfect for keeping my family happy and healthy.
And you can definitely find all of the supplies to make these frozen striped delight sandwiches at Kroger, including the cute parchment paper to wrap them together.
If you haven’t heard me talk about striped delight before, it’s a family favorite. Graham cracker crust topped with a cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding, and whipped topping. Pretty much amazing. These sandwiches take striped delight and turn them inside out and then freeze them to make the perfect frozen sandwich. Kind of like an ice cream sandwich, but not quite the same.
Frozen Striped Delight Sandwiches
- 1/2pkg(4oz) Kroger cream cheese
- 1/8cupSimple Truth Organic granulated sugar
- 4ozKroger whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2cups+ 1 TB cold Simple Truth Organic 1 or 2% milk
- 1pkg 3.9 oz Kroger instant chocolate pudding
- 12Kroger original graham crackers, broke in half into squares
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and 1 T milk in bowl with wire whisk until blended.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended. Put chocolate pudding into fridge to thicken.
- Place 12 graham cracker squares on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet (or two).
- Top each graham cracker square with 1 TBS cream cheese mixture and spread evenly on the cracker.
- Carefully spoon 1 TBS of chocolate pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread around.
- Top chocolate pudding with 1/2 - 1 Tbs whipped topping and spread around.
- Place crackers into a freezer safe container and place in freezer. Allow to chill for 2-3 hours or until hardened.
- Before eating, place a second graham cracker square on top of the cool whip and press down to create a sandwich.