These meat lovers pizza sliders are the perfect football party appetizer! Meat, pizza, and artisan bread all combined into one fantastic sandwich. I am so excited to be partnering with La Brea Bakery to bring you this recipe.
There are two things my husband loves almost as much as he loves me – football and meat. That means when the big game comes around every year, I always make sure to have plenty of meat to serve at our viewing party. In the past I’ve served up everything from the most amazing white chicken chili to cheddar crusted chicken strips. This year I’m taking it to a whole new level with meat lovers pizza sliders. Why sliders? Because he likes meat and I like bread, especially when it’s bread from La Brea Bakery. Three kinds of meat + delicious bread + pizza sauce = one fantastic appetizer that’s made for hungry football fans!
And if you love football like my family does, then make sure to head over to the La Brea website for a chance to win two tickets to the big game along with travel and accommodations! Sweepstakes is open now through Friday, January 22nd. Good luck!
Now let’s get this football party started!
First up, you have to start out these sliders with good bread, okay not just good, the best bread. La Brea Bakery is the #1 selling artisan bread in the country and I certainly know why. It’s amazing! For these meat lovers pizza sliders I specifically used the La Brea Bakery Telera Sliders. They’re hearth-baked, golden brown, soft sandwich rolls that have a hint of sourdough and a touch of sweetness, which goes perfectly with the sweet Italian sausage I used in these sliders. They’re great as the bread for these sliders but would also be amazing dipped into my favorite spinach artichoke dip or even just alone with a little butter. You can get both the larger rolls and the smaller slider rolls nationwide at retailers including Costco, Safeway, Kroger, and more.
Cut your slider rolls in half and top each with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. You’re basically going to be creating a mini pizza on each of the slider halves. Once they’re topped, pop them in the oven and bake according to the directions on the package, around five minutes until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melted.
While your slider pizzas are cooking, cook up some Italian sausage patties and heat up slices of Canadian bacon. As soon as your pizzas are done, top each of the bottoms with a piece of Canadian bacon and a sausage patty and then finish off the sandwich with your top pizza.
That’s it. Simple, delicious, and perfect for celebrating the big game with a bunch of your favorite football and meat loving friends! Serve it up with your favorite pizza sauce in one of the larger Telera Rolls or a small dish for dipping and I can guarantee your guests will absolutely love it.
- 1 La Brea Bakery Telera Slider
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Regular size pepperoni
- Sweet Italian sausage formed into small patties
- Canadian bacon
- Favorite pizza sauce for dipping (optional)
- Cut each of the La Brea Bakery Telera Sliders in half like a hamburger bun.
- Top each of the buns with the shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 385 degrees or until bread is toasty and cheese is melted.
- While bread is cooking, cook Italian sausage patties completely and heat up Canadian bacon.
- Once pizza buns come out of the oven, immediately top the bottom bun of each slider with a piece of Canadian bacon and one of the Italian sausage patties then finish off the slider with the matching top.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with your favorite pizza sauce for dipping.