These delicious layered brownies combine chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and brownies all in one delicious and decadent bar! Just three ingredients and a few minutes stand between you and this amazing dessert!
Have you ever had the marbled cookie brownie from Dominos Pizza? When my husband is gone or busy, I’ll often order pizza with my kids, and you can typically get it with their deals for pretty inexpensive.
Anyway, it’s one of my favorite things to eat because you get not only chocolate chip bars, you also get brownies. And since I can never choose which one I want, I love the idea of both.
These cookie Oreo brownie bars take it even one step further with the addition of Oreos. Kind of like in my Grinch brownies.
Some people call these slutty brownies, but that’s not necessarily my cup of tea, so I am not calling these that, but they’re similar. I think I called them triple layer brownies on my TikTok video.
No matter what you call them, they’re delicious.
They’re basically layers of three popular desserts – chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and Oreos – all in one yummy bar. They’re kind of like brookies but better.
They’re also super easy, which these days is essential! You don’t even need to make homemade brownies, you can just use a brownie mix.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super simple recipe – these really can’t get much easier. It’s just layering three things on top of each other than baking.
- Amazing chocolate flavor – three layers of chocolate flavor in every bar means these are decadent and drool-worthy!
- Ooey gooey – the brownie on top keeps the rest of the cookie nice and gooey and if you’ve never baked an Oreo before, it ends up a bit soft, and just adds a nice touch of additional chocolate!
- Chocolate chip cookie dough – store-bought any chocolate chip cookie dough will work, just make sure it’s a 16 oz (or around there) package. I used the Toll House dough you can see in the picture above, and they were great!
- Oreos – you can use regular or double stuffed Oreos. Also, it’s fun to try out different Oreo flavors for the holidays (like mint, peppermint, or s’mores!)
- Brownie mix – any brownie mix will work so choose your favorites!
You’ll also need the ingredients called for to make your brownie mix. Since everyone tends to choose their favorite brownie mix, those are not called out specifically in this recipe or recipe card but please note that you will need those ingredients as well. This typically includes things like eggs, oil, and water.
How to Make Cookie Oreo Brownies
Are you ready to see how easy these are to make? There’s just about 45 minutes between you and goodness if you get started on these right now!
Line an 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
For the first layer, press the cookie dough into the bottom of the dish making sure to cover it completely. This is easier if you buy a roll of cookie dough or a bucket of cookie dough compared to pre-cut cookies.
If you do use pre-cut cookies, just make sure to press the cookie dough together to close the gaps as much as possible. You don’t want the brownie batter to run through the cookies.
Next, spread the Oreos evenly over the top of the cookie dough layer. You should be able to fit 16 Oreos nicely in a square baking dish. Doing it this way rather than smooshing in as many as you want allows everyone to have Oreo in their bar at the end!
For the final layer, prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Once that’s done, pour the brownie mix over the Oreo layer, making sure to cover the Oreos completely.
You can use a spatula to gently help smooth out the brownie mixture if you’d like.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until all layers are baked through. To check the doneness, you can use a knife or toothpick poked through the brownie layer to see if they’re cooked. If it comes back gooey, put them back in for a few minutes.
The cookie and Oreo layer both will be fine so just worry about the brownies.
Let the cookie Oreo brownie bars cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve either slightly warmed or at room temperature.
These are really good with a little ice cream on top but let’s be honest, what isn’t!?!
Change these up by using different flavors of cookie dough or Oreos. You could use peppermint Oreos for a festive treat or s’more Oreos for a summer treat.
Cut these with a plastic knife that you saw through the bars rather than trying to cut them. That’ll give you nice even lines on the edges instead of the torn up brownies that can sometimes happen when you cut!
Slutty brownies are made of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreos, and brownies all layered together into one delicious bar.
Lining your pan with parchment paper allows you to easily pull the entire pan of brownies out when they’re cool. This makes for much easier cutting than trying to cut into the pan. It also makes them much easier to get out of the pan without the bars sticking to the pan sides.
If you want to make these without the Oreo layer, just pour the brownie mix right on top of the cookie dough and follow the same instructions for baking.
More Easy Bars
If you like these cookie Oreo brownie bars, you’re going to love these other delicious bar recipes!
- Christmas sugar cookie bars – these delicious sugar cookie bars get topped with a sweet frosting and holiday sprinkles! You can trade out the sprinkles to make them work for any holiday!
- Pumpkin streusel bars – a soft pumpkin bar gets topped with a delicious streusel topping!
- M&M cookie bars – M&M chocolate chip cookies get turned into bars in this fun and delightful recipe!
- Pumpkin blondies – pumpkin, chocolate chips, and ingredients from your pantry make this delicious fall treat!
- Strawberry cheesecake bars – strawberries, cheesecake, and a sweet oat crumble layered together in these decadent summer treats!
Cookie Oreo Brownies
- 1 16 ounce package premade chocolate chip cookie dough
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1 18 ounce box brownie mix (plus ingredients to prepare mix)
- Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the dish making sure to cover it completely.1 16 ounce package premade chocolate chip cookie dough
- Spread the Oreos evenly over the top of the cookie dough layer.16 Oreo cookies
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions then pour it over the Oreo layer.1 18 ounce box brownie mix
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until all layers are done. Let cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Leave a Comment