These delicious 2-ingredient Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies couldn’t be easier! You don’t have to choose between Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, this time you get them both! These cookies are ready in minutes and absolutely delicious!
One of the staples that I always have in my fridge at home is store bought chocolate chip cookie dough. I know making chocolate chip cookies is easy but popping cookie dough onto a cookie sheet is even easier.
And when you have kids wanting cookies (or heck, maybe you just want some), putting dough scoops in the oven to bake in minutes is a great parenting hack.
But sometimes I want something a little more than just a classic chocolate chip cookie. I’ve shared a couple of recipes in the past that use store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough including these s’mores cookies, and these Andes mint cookies, but these stuffed Oreo cookies may be my new favorite.
Or just another favorite because they’re all delicious.
They’re chocolate chip cookies stuffed with an Oreo. The Oreo gets nice and soft but still with the crunch you expect from an Oreo. And they make a great treat for an after school cookie, late-night snack, or really anytime you’re craving a treat!
I’ve made these for friends a handful of times and they always receive rave reviews! I mean at first glance you’d never even know they weren’t homemade chocolate chip cookies! Instead they’re filled with a fun Oreo surprise!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 2-ingredients – there’s really nothing simpler than a cookie with two ingredients! These are about as simple as they get! You can add a few more mix-ins if you’d like but at the end of the day, you only need two ingredients!
- Easy – there’s not even mixing involved in these cookies, it’s literally just smushing an Oreo in between two chocolate chip cookies. Put away the stand mixer, hand mixer, and mixer at all and just make these with your hands!
- Versatile – while the base is simple, you can always add more chocolate chips, sprinkles, or even something like nuts if you want to spruce them up a bit! I don’t really recommend white chocolate chips but if that’s your preference, they would probably work as well.
- Oreos – I recommend using the Double Stuf Oreos to make these taste as much like Oreo stuffed cookies as possible. The regular Oreos are okay, but the ratio of Oreo to chocolate chip cookie isn’t perfect. You can switch it up with different flavors of Oreo cookies for various holidays for a change!
- Chocolate chip cookie dough – you’ll need 24 ready to bake chocolate chip cookies. I used Pillsbury’s 16 oz refrigerated cookie dough but you can use your favorite refrigerated cookie dough instead if you’d like. You could also make this with dough from your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, but it’s easier with premade cookie dough!
- Mix-ins – if you want to change things up, you can add sprinkles or additional semi-sweet chocolate chips to give these more of a bakery look with the mix-ins on top.
How to make oreo stuffed cookies
There’s really not a lot to making these cookies – you’re just going to stuff Oreos between two chocolate chip cookies. But I’ll do a quick step by step walk through anyway (and the recipe card has step by step instructions of course) just in case there’s a way to screw these up!
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F and lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper. The parchment paper helps the cookies bake evenly plus keeps them from sticking to the pan!
If you don’t have parchment, a silicone mat on your sheet pan works as well. I just prefer parchment.
Once your baking sheet is ready, take one of the chocolate chip cookies and gently flatten it with your fingers (you don’t want to press it too much). If you don’t want to touch the cookies, you can place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the cookie and press down gently.
Once it’s flat, add a whole Oreo on top on the bottom of Oreo cookie is on top of the first chocolate chip cookie, then add another flattened cookie on top of an Oreo cookie. Pinch the cookies together around the Oreo to seal.
If you’re having issues getting the Oreo to fit inside the cookie, you can break the Oreo in half and layer them slightly on top of each other to make the center a little narrower.
Place the cookies on the baking sheet at least three inches apart (they’ll spread). Repeat with the remaining dough and Oreos until you have twelve unbaked Oreo stuffed cookies.
Top with additional chocolate chips and sprinkles if you want. I like the added chocolate in my cookies and sprinkles just make everything prettier, but you can totally skip this step if you’d like as well!
Another nice addition would be a little sprinkled flake salt if you want to get that sweet and salty flavor going on.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes or until the chocolate chip cookie on the outside is totally cooked and looks golden brown. The bake time might vary slightly depending on your oven so watch them closely after nine minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Once they’re slightly cooled, move to a wire cooling rack to allow them to cool completely.
Serve warm or at room temperature, ideally with a tall glass of milk!
Store leftover Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container (or zipper top plastic bag) for up to five days. These don’t freeze great, but they do store well!
Try different flavors of Oreos for different holidays after your first time making these. Mint during the holidays would be delicious. Birthday cake could also be good!
These Oreo stuffed cookies don’t freeze well. If you have leftovers throw them away or give them away. When you want more, just make another batch quickly!
More Easy Cookies
If you’re looking for another recipe to try next time, these cookie recipes are always a huge hit! I mean who doesn’t love homemade cookies?
- Kentucky butter cake cookies – simple butter flavored balls of dough cooked to perfection then topped with a buttery frosting.
- Lucky Charms cookies – this isn’t just a regular cookie, it’s a magical cookie filled with a fun surprise as well! And they’re topped with General Mills Lucky Charms of course!
- Caramel toffee cookies – soft and chewy toffee cookies topped with a delicious salted caramel!
- 4-ingredient pumpkin cookies – the best pumpkin cookies that start with a simple cake mix!
- Dirt cookies – these fun dirt and worms cookies are a little bit like Oreo dirt cake but in cookie form!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 16 ounces ready to bake chocolate chip cookie dough divided into 24 cookie portions
- 12 Double Stuf Oreos
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take one cookie dough portion and flatten slightly, then place an Oreo in the center.16 ounces ready to bake chocolate chip cookie dough, 12 Double Stuf Oreos
- Slightly flatten a second cookie and place it over the Oreo.16 ounces ready to bake chocolate chip cookie dough
- Pinch the sides together to seal the Oreo in the center of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet 3" apart and garnish with chocolate chips and sprinkles, if desired.1/2 cup chocolate chips, sprinkles
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
Leave a Comment