Looking for the best running songs? This running playlist is full of 100+ good running songs whether you want something a little more relaxed or something that’s going to make you run even faster! They’re the best running songs ever!
Before we talk about the running playlist, let me tell you a story.
Almost fifteen years ago, my brother got engaged to my sister-in-law while we were all on a family cruise. After seeing myself in pictures from that cruise, I said that I was going to run five times a week from the day after the cruise to the day my brother got married.
And my soon to be sister-in-law laughed and said there was no way I could do it.
I’m sure you can guess how the story ended.
I let my competitive side take over and ran five times a week not only until their wedding but also for months afterwards. I ran alongside my dad for the most part, and it was that summer that we decided to run our first half marathon together.
That first half marathon in Athens, Ohio was amazing. And so was the second one in Death Valley, CA almost a year later.
I felt invincible.
While my dad barely crossed the finish line, I could’ve run at least another six miles. I haven’t felt that good since even though I’ve “run” another 13 half marathons since Death Valley and ran the Marine Corp Marathon almost ten years ago.
I ran my last half-marathon right before I had my son in 2013 and now that I’ve just had my second baby, it’s time to start to run and get back into the running groove of things.
I’m determined to run another half-marathon before pregnancy derails me once again! This running playlist is great whether you’re training for a half, running a 10K, or even just want to start running!
Why Do You Need Good Running Songs?
Some people listen to podcasts, some people meditate, some people just enjoy nature, and some people listen to music while they run. I’m a music person – have to have my music!
I put together this collection of the best running songs to help me get back in that groove because there’s nothing better than a good running playlist to get you to put one foot in front of the other again and again.
There have been so many times that I felt like I needed to walk or like my legs just couldn’t go any further. And then a song like Perfect by Pink came on, and it helped me keep going and get across that finish line.
I mean, how can you start walking when the music is actually telling you that you’re good enough.
Or how about Kelly Clarkson singing what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger?
Yep, a good playlist can really make the difference between an “I feel invincible” run and a run that makes you want to throw away your running shoes and just eat ice cream every day for the rest of your life. Music really does help you run longer.
A good workout playlist is almost as important as having the best half marathon training plan!
And this my friends is the perfect running playlist. Or at least my perfect running playlist.
Songs with words that remind you that you can do anything or beats that make your legs just keep moving. If you want something more for just working out, this list is full of good workout songs!
They aren’t in any particular order because I typically just put it on shuffle so I can be surprised.
Click on the song title in the playlist below to listen to a preview of the songs. And since I only listen to clean versions of songs, these are the clean versions. If you like things unedited, feel free to get those instead. Want to add the Apple Music playlist to your own Apple Music? Get it here.
Best Running Songs Ever
And here’s the full list of good running songs – again in no particular order! This list of full of great running songs from back in the day when I was running years ago as well as songs from as recent as this year!
- “Bulletproof” – La Roux
- “Edge of Glory” – Lady Gaga
- Bad Romance” – Lady Gaga
- “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” – Kelly Clarkson
- “My Life Would Suck Without You” – Kelly Clarkson
- “Jai Ho” – A. R. Rahman & Pussycat Dolls (from Slumdog Millionaire)
- “Roar” – Katy Perry
- “Shake It” – Metro Station
- “Girlfriend” – Avril Lavigne
- “Club Can’t Handle Me” – Flo Rida
- “Raise Your Glass” – Pink
- “Perfect” – Pink
- “So What” – Pink
- “Rolling in the Deep” – Adele
- “Not Afraid” – Eminem
- “Lose Yourself” – Eminem
- “New Divide” – Linkin Park
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
- “Don’t Stop Believin” – Journey
- “Raging Fire” – Phillip Philips
- “Float On” – Modest Mouse
- “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
- “Wake Me Up” – Avicii
- “I Think We’re Alone Now”- Tiffany
- “Dog Days Are Over” – Florence and the Machine
- “Shake It Out” – Florence and the Machine
- “On the Floor” – Jennifer Lopez
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- What the Heck – Avril Lavigne
- I Lived – One Republic
- Marchin’ On – One Republic
- Run This Town – Jay Z & Rhianna
- Flat on the Floor – Carrie Underwood
- Goodbye Earl – Dixie Chicks
- Wavin’ Flag – K’naan
- Somebody Like You – Keith Urban
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
- I Run to You – Lady Antebellum
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- If You’re Going Through Hell – Rodney Atkins
- Can’t Stop the Feelin‘ – Justin Timberlake
- On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons
- Hall of Fame – The Script
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
- Mr. Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra
- Catchy Song – Dillon Francis
- Castle on the Hill – Ed Sheeran
- Seven Nation Army – White Stripes
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson feat Bruno Mars
- Nancy Mulligan – Ed Sheeran
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- The Other Side – Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron
- I’m Gonna Be – The Proclaimers
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark – Fall Out Boy
- Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leopard
- Where Have You Been – Rhianna
- Safe and Sound – Capital Cities
- Song 2 – Blur
- Just Like Fire – Pink
- One Week – Bare Naked Ladies
Get the Running Playlist on Apple Music
Apple Music makes it easy to share playlists with other people! If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can get the running playlist here. Just add it to your playlists and listen to it while you run!
If you’re not already using Apple Music, I highly recommend it – one low monthly fee for pretty much any music you can think of! And sharing playlists is the best thing ever!
And if you’re looking for great Christmas gifts for runners (or anytime of year) or a runners survival kit gift, an Apple Music subscription or iTunes gift card is always a safe bet!
Other Running Essentials I Love
Along with good running songs, these are some of the other things that are always in my running bag!
Feetures Running Socks
Panache Sports Bra
No Slip Headband
Born to Run Book
Run, Fat Boy, Run Movie
Leave a Comment