This fun shark punch recipe combines a blue ocean colored mixture with a little vanilla ice cream for a shark punch that’s creamy and delicious. Serve these for Shark Week, a beach or ocean themed party, or when you just need a refreshing summer treat.
With Shark Week on Discovery Channel just around the corner, this week I’m sharing all sorts of fun shark and beach themed content.
I shared a shark attack drink yesterday (a copycat of one of my favorite Universal Studios drinks), this beach themed cake (with sharks of course) last week, and these ocean blue popsicles earlier, that all make fun festive snacks for Shark Week!
And make sure to come back tomorrow for a fun beach themed activity for the kids! It’s a good one, and I can’t wait to share it!
But anyway, back to this shark punch recipe!
It’s super simple – just two ingredients – then served over vanilla ice cream for what I really like to call shark floats. But shark punch has a better ring to it.
If you want, you could even spice it up with a little bloody grenadine like I did with the shark attack drink to make it a shark attack punch, but that’s your call and totally optional!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Festive – this fun and festive shark drink is great for any sort of themed party, ocean themed week, or really any time you just want a shark or ocean themed drink idea.
- Kid-friendly – while this is a punch that’s kid-friendly, it’s also delicious enough for adults. So this is definitely one that’s good for guests of all ages!
- Easy – there’s nothing to this drink recipe other than mixing the two liquids then pouring over vanilla ice cream. Unlike drinks like this homemade lemonade recipe that require a little cooking to make a simple syrup, this one is just pour and serve. It’s definitely an easy party punch recipe!
- Sprite – I highly recommend Sprite but if you are going to use a substitute lemon lime soda, use 7UP. I don’t recommend Sierra Mist with this, it just doesn’t mix well for some reason.
- Blue curacao syrup – this is the non-alcoholic syrup only, not the actual liqueur. You can get it in stores or order it on amazon here.
- Vanilla ice cream – any kind works, I recommend having it ready to go, possibly even pre-scooping before you mix the drink so that you can add scoops to cups and add the punch right away.
- Gummy sharks – any kind of gummy sharks work! You could also add some Swedish Fish for some extra fun if you want but definitely sharks! It is a shark punch after all!
How to Make this easy Shark Party Punch
This fun shark punch is super easy to make quickly on a hot summer day! It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
To make this super quick and fun summertime drink, start by combining Sprite and the blue curacao syrup and mix until blended.
Next, add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to a 12 ounce glass then pour the blue Sprite mixture over the ice cream.
Don’t mix, just let the fizz and the drink combine naturally. It’s a float so it will eventually combine, but I really like how it looks just on its own.
Finish off by adding a few gummy sharks to the top! They might fall down into the drink but that’s okay too because then you can see them through the clear glass cup!
Serve immediately after adding the gummy sharks before the ice cream completely melts. You could serve with a gummy shark on the side if people want to add more (or just eat the sharks).
Make these for a crowd quickly by scooping the ice cream ahead of time and placing into a muffin tin and back into the freezer. Mix a big batch of the blue drink mixture, add ice cream scoops to glasses, and top with the blue ocean mixture. Alternately, you could also just add a bunch of scoops of ice cream to a big punch bowl (an entire 1/2 gallons worth) then add the blue mixture (keep the ratios as you double/triple the liquid) over the ice cream. Top with a bag of gummy sharks for a party version of this punch.
Just add one or two gummy sharks on top of each drink – don’t overdo it. The gummy sharks are good in the drink, but they’re more for garnish than to add real flavor to the drink. If you want people to get lots of gummy sharks, serve them alongside the drink.
You do not have to add gummy sharks if you don’t want to. This tastes just fine without them – they just add a fun garnish and decoration to the drink.
I don’t recommend making this shark punch ahead of time because the Sprite will go flat. If you’d like to prep some of it ahead of time, pre-scoop the vanilla ice cream and place in muffin tins so that the ice cream scooping part will go quickly when it’s time to serve. Otherwise, this should be made right before serving.
More Easy Punch Recipes
If you’re looking for more festive drinks, these are some of our most popular drink recipes!
- Grinch punch – this delicious green colored punch is perfect for the holidays!
- Raspberry punch – a fresh and fruity summer punch full of delicious raspberry flavor!
- Halloween punch – a delicious non-alcoholic Halloween punch with a spooktacular green color!
- Homemade fruit punch – all sorts of fruit juices combine in this fruity and flavorful drink!
- Thanksgiving punch – a delicious fall inspired punch that’s a Disneyland copycat recipe (and so good).
Shark Punch Recipe
- 8 ounces Sprite
- 1 TBS blue curacao syrup (non-alcoholic)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- gummy sharks (garnish)
- Combine Sprite and the blue curacao syrup and mix until blended.8 ounces Sprite, 1 TBS blue curacao syrup
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream to a 12 ounce glass then pour the blue Sprite mixture over the ice cream.2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Garnish with gummy sharks.gummy sharks