This fun Grinch punch is great for any Christmas celebration! Sprite, lemonade, and pineapple juice get a Grinch kick with the addition of blue curacao syrup for flavor and color! It’s quick and easy to make and kids and adults both will love this Grinch inspired punch!
I shared this Grinch punch a while ago on TikTok and kind of forgot about actually posting the recipe because it’s such a simple recipe, but I’m here now and ready to share!
This fun Grinch drink has a great green flavor thanks to the addition of a small splash of blue curacao syrup (one of my favorites for getting a good green color) and kids will love it just for that reason!
Adults will like the mature combination of flavors with the lemonade, pineapple juice, and Sprite all together.
And everyone will love it even more if you grab the fun Grinch pitcher from Hobby Lobby like I did or grab your own glass pitcher and this vinyl decal to add your own Grinch face!
Intro to recipe + talk about why the recipe works, what’s great about it, etc. – BRITNI
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Grinch theme – if you like the Grinchmas theme like so many other people, you’ll love this fun punch! Make this to enjoy with some Grinch sugar cookies for a Grinch movie marathon!
- Non-alcoholic – this recipe is designed to be kid-friendly but also adult-friendly in taste, which makes it great for any party and generation!
- Festive – I’ve included a bit about adding in fun red hearts to the drink that make this even more festive!
- Blue curacao syrup – note that this is the non-alcoholic syrup. You can find it in many stores or on Amazon here and is what gives this drink that green Grinch color, so it’s a key ingredient.
- Sprite – I don’t recommend using a different lemon-lime soda, Sprite is the best in this and should be readily available.
- Lemonade – I used regular Minute Maid lemonade in this, but it could work with other lemonades as well. I just recommend sticking with one that’s overly sweet (so not like Chick-Fil-A lemonade).
I’ve also heard this is really good with scoops of lime sherbet added so feel free to try that as a fun variation on this too! I definitely helps with that green Grinch color!
How to Make Grinch Punch
This Grinch punch is no different, it’s just even easier than those ones!
All you have to do to make it is combine the pineapple juice, lemonade, and Sprite in a pitcher. I like to combine those first and stir them together.
Then you’re going to add the blue curacao syrup. You’ll start to see it change colors as soon as you add it in, but I recommend stirring it to get it completely mixed in.
If you’ve never had blue curacao syrup, I first tried it when I was searching for the best Disney World food and had it in one of their Dole Whip desserts. It’s got kind of a tropical, think coconut, flavor and one of my favorites to add to drinks these days!
You unfortunately can’t make this Grinch punch without it, although you could try blue Kool-Aid powder like I did in my Halloween punch, but that’s up to you.
And that’s it, technically your Grinch punch is done and ready to be served over ice.
But, hold up.
It’s a Grinch punch, so I couldn’t stop there. If you want to make this even more over the top, freeze a red drink (cranberry juice, fruit punch, strawberry lemonade) in heart ice cube trays (I used these ones) the night before you making this punch.
Then to serve, pour the Grinch punch over red heart ice cubes instead of regular ones!
I mean does it get any more Grinchy than that!?!
Serve the punch over the ice cubes in individual glasses rather than adding the ice cubes to the large pitcher. The red liquid (no matter what it is) will begin to slowly change the color of the Grinch punch and ruin the effect in the large pitcher.
I got both the Grinch punch pitcher and cups at Hobby Lobby here. It’s been sold out online for a while so another option would be to get a regular glass pitcher and add this Grinch vinyl decal to the front to get the same effect.
I used cranberry juice for the hearts but you could also use strawberry lemonade, red fruit punch, or any other red liquid.
The pineapple juice is a big part of the color of this punch, so I do not have a good recommendation for substituting the pineapple. I recommend trying this holiday punch instead.
More Grinch Party Ideas
If you’re looking for Grinch ideas, you’re in luck! These are some of the best Grinch party ideas!
- Christmas Punch Game – this Grinch inspired Christmas punch game went absolutely bonkers on TikTok for good reason, it’s fun and darling!
- Grinch Christmas balls – Oreo balls with a Grinch inspired twist!
- Grinch cupcakes – the cutest cupcakes that look just like the Grinch with his Santa Claus hat on!
- Grinch snacks – these Grinch pretzel sandwiches are bite-sized snacks with a Grinchy flair!
- Christmas mad libs – this fun activity includes a Grinch inspired mad lib for the entire family!
- 32 oz pineapple juice
- 24 oz lemonade
- 18 oz Sprite
- 1 tsp curacao syrup
- Combine pineapple juice, lemonade, and Sprite together in a 2 quart pitcher.32 oz pineapple juice, 24 oz lemonade, 18 oz Sprite
- Add blue curacao syrup and stir until well mixed.1 tsp curacao syrup
- Serve over ice (or heart shaped ice cubes - see notes).