This yummy festive Christmas tree cheese ball is the perfect holiday appetizer for any Christmas party! Make this creamy Christmas cheese ball in minutes and serve alongside your favorite crackers and bread!
But what about the savory stuff? Christmas appetizers are just as important as Christmas cookies, especially when it comes to hosting the best Christmas party ever!
This Christmas tree cheese ball is not only a fun and festive appetizer, it’s yummy too! Serve it with your favorite bread, crackers, or really anything crunchy for one delicious and decorative snack!
And the best part? It’s SO easy to make. You only need a few minutes and unlike these Christmas Oreo truffles, you don’t even need to let it chill before you enjoy! It’s my new favorite way to serve up some yummy Christmas fun!
- Cream cheese – make sure the cream cheese is softened and at room temperate so you can actually mix it into the herbs
- Herbs – you want to use fresh herbs for this, not dried, especially for the outside. There are a lot of times that you can substitute dried herbs, but this is not one of them! Chop them all finely so it’ll coat the outside of the cheese ball well to create your Christmas tree.
- Dipping items – I didn’t include this in the instructions but don’t forget to grab some crackers, chips, or crunchy bread to serve with this Christmas cheese ball, you’ll need them.
Okay so I’ve included step by step photos with the instructions below to help you understand how to do this. The words are a little confusing without the pictures, that’s just how it goes with some recipes!
Start by adding 2/3 cup parsley, 2/3 cup coriander, the fresh thyme, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and garlic powder to a large bowl. Again, if your cream cheese isn’t soft – don’t mix it yet. Wait until it’s soft so it mixes in easily.
Mix those well with a spoon, kind of like you would with this spinach artichoke dip. You want it to be a creamy mixture with herbs mixed in throughout.
Next, you’ll transfer the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Wrap mixture completely then form into a tree shape. This is easiest done by first making a large cylinder with the mixture and thinning out the top part.
The plastic wrap helps you to shape the ball without having to touch it and have the cheese mixture stick to your hands. Once the tree is formed, take it off and your tree should stand on its own.
Using the plastic wrap again, roll the “tree” in the remaining 1/3 cup parsley and 1/3 cup coriander so that it coats the outside and gives it the illusion of being a Christmas tree.
Place your finished “tree” on a plate and then it’s time to decorate! Add diagonal lines of pine nuts around the tree to look like strings of lights.
Add dried cranberries throughout the tree to be your ornaments. And finally, add a star of some sort (I used a chopped pecan) on top!
Serve chilled with your favorite crackers, chips, or crispy bread. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator sealed in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Chop the herbs finely and mix them well so people don’t get huge chunks of herbs with any bite.
Store in the fridge after making it until you’re ready to eat. It should be ready to go immediately but if you’re not serving right away, put it in the fridge to chill until you’re ready to serve.
Change up the decorations to things you like if pine nuts and cranberries aren’t your thing. This would be good with pomegranate seeds, any other kind of nuts, and even things like pumpkin seeds.
This cheese ball is made out of cream cheese and fresh herbs then decorated with nuts and cranberries.
Keep the cheese ball wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
More Easy Appetizers
- Garlic parmesan wings
- The best buffalo chicken dip
- Fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon chips
- Homemade pepperoni rolls
- Queso fundido
- BBQ pulled pork sliders
Christmas Tree Cheese Ball
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 3 TBS shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- pine nuts (to decorate tree)
- dried cranberries (to decorate tree)
- Combine 2/3 cup of parsley, 2/3 cup coriander, thyme, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and garlic powder in bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture on large piece of plastic wrap and wrap completely. Shape into a "tree" by creating a cylinder and thinning out the top.
- Remove the plastic wrap and roll "tree" in remaining 1/3 cup parsley and 1/3 cup coriander.
- Place "tree" on plate and decorate with pine nuts and dried cranberries. Add a pecan for a star.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.