This is the easiest and best spinach artichoke dip ever with its combination of creamy ingredients and chopped veggies all served in a delicious bread bowl. Ready to put on your party table in less than 10 minutes!
This post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN. All opinions and ideas are 100% honest and my own. #HostWithKH
I can’t pinpoint the first time I ever had spinach artichoke dip. I know it was with my family, and I know it was in high school. Somehow it just because one of those things that we ate on a regular basis whether it was ordering it at a restaurant or making it at home. It took me a while but I’ve put together the perfect spinach and artichoke recipe that’s made even better when you serve it in and eat it with KING’S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread! The sweet bread just goes perfectly with the savory dip, making the perfect party appetizer! And if you have extra dip (ha!), toss it into wonton cups and make these spinach artichoke cups!
I made some for my gift exchange last week, and it was the hit of the party, which is tough to do when it’s up against donuts and cocoa. The secret is broiling the cheese on right before the party so it’s nice and melty, but I’m getting ahead of myself; here’s how you make it.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
First up, pick up all of your ingredients at Walmart. And don’t forget your KING’S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread, it really makes all the difference.
Cook your spinach in the microwave then squeeze out the liquid by wrapping it up in a clean dish towel and ringing it out. While the spinach is cooking, chop up your artichokes and measure out the rest of your ingredients. Once the spinach is done, heat up your cream cheese for just about a minute until it’s soft but not completely melted.
Put everything into one big bowl and mix until the spinach and artichoke are well combined into the creamy ingredients.
Once that’s all mixed up, cut out the center round of the KING’S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread, making sure to leave a thin layer of bread at the bottom so the dip doesn’t just fall out. Spoon the dip into the KING’S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread and top with about 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan (this is the best part). Wrap the KING’S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread with aluminum foil without covering the cheese and dip. This will keep it from toasting under the broiler while still allowing the cheese to broil. Once it’s all wrapped up, broil for just about a minute (watch it closely) then pull out and serve hot with cut up pieces of the center of the bread you cut out.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/3cupgrated parmesan cheese
- 1/4cupgreek yogurt
- 1 1/2cupfrozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 15ozcan quartered artichokes, chopped and drained
- 8ozcream cheese
- 1/4tspgarlic powder
- 1/4tspkosher salt
- 1/4cupshredded parmesan cheese
- 1KING'S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread
- Chop artichokes into small pieces and place into large bowl. Add spinach to bowl and mix together.
- Microwave cream cheese in microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Mix cream cheese, yogurt, mayo, garlic, grated parmesan cheese, and salt together.
- Add cheese mixture to bowl with veggies and mix together until well combined.
- Cut middle section out of bread bowl, making sure to leave a small layer of bread on the bottom of the bowl so the mixture doesn't leak through.
- Add mixture to center of bread bowl. Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Wrap bread bowl sides with aluminum foil (leaving the dip portion uncovered).
- Broil in the oven on high for 1 minute or until cheese is browned and gooey.
- Remove from oven and serve with cubed KING'S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread that you cut out of the middle of the bread bowl earlier.
Recipe NotesThe middle of the KING'S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread likely won't be enough bread for all of the dip, so I recommend picking up some KING'S HAWAIIAN® sweet rolls or another loaf of KING'S HAWAIIAN® sweet round bread to have on hand for when the center pieces run out.
Adapted from Alton Brown