This quick and easy funfetti dip just needs five ingredients and a few minutes to make! It’s the perfect addition to any dessert table and yummy served with cookies, graham crackers, and even fruit! Add your favorite sprinkles to make it work for any theme!
But the one dip that I’ve been missing is a generic birthday party dip and this funfetti dip is perfect for that. It’s honestly perfect for any occasion if you just switch out the sprinkles!
You could also call it an icing dip, but I like funfetti more!
This one is a personal favorite because my oldest doesn’t like chocolate and a lot of my dips are chocolate (hello brownie batter dip), so this one is for him. It’s all things he likes and tastes similar to funfetti cupcake frosting (one of his favorites).
And I love funfetti because it’s just so colorful and happy – definitely makes me think birthday right away!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – this recipe only needs five ingredients and you just mix them together! It’s as easy as it gets!
- Customizable – like I mentioned before, you can change out the sprinkles to make this work for any theme or any party, like I did with my Encanto dip on TikTok here.
- Creamy – the combination of the butter and cream cheese makes this an incredibly creamy dip, great for enjoying with your favorite crackers or cookies!
- Cream cheese – make sure your cream cheese is softened, I like to take it out of the fridge about an hour before I’m going to make this dip so easy to mix! If your cream cheese is not softened, you’ll end up with lumpy funfetti dip, which is not fun!
- Butter – make sure the butter you’re using is softened (not melted) so that it mixes in with the cream cheese well. I also like to use unsalted butter in this so you get the creamy without the salt.
- Sprinkles – make sure you’re using jimmies (the long type of sprinkles) or larger sprinkles in this. You don’t want to use the small round nonpareils in this because they’ll dissolve right into the dip and change the color.
How to Make Funfetti Dip
I feel a little silly writing out and showing you how to make this dip because it’s so easy and hard to screw up. But that’s what I do, so here you go!
The first thing you need to do is beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. This is why you need your butter and cream cheese to be soft, so they’ll mix together and be nice and creamy.
Then add powdered sugar and beat again, it’ll be even creamier this time and a little thinner than it was before.
Now, add in the vanilla and one tablespoon of milk and beat. If it’s too thick for your liking once combined, add another tablespoon of milk to thin it out a little.
I tend to like my dessert dips a little on the thick side, but I know some people don’t so feel free to add as much as much milk as you want to get the dip you want.
Finally, add in the sprinkles and use a silicone spatula to fold them into the dip. I don’t recommend beating so you don’t end up breaking the sprinkles and again, changing the color of the dip.
You really want that white base with the colorful sprinkles mixed in to get the true look and feel of a funfetti dip!
Top it with some more sprinkles on top because why not – hello color! And then you can even top it with some fun animal crackers or graham cracker sprinkles or really anything fun you want to add!
And that’s it – now it’s time to serve your dip!
I like to serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, Vanilla wafers, or fresh fruit, but it’s up to you – the serving possibilities for this one are pretty much endless!
One of my favorite is fresh strawberries. It’s kind of like chocolate covered strawberries but frosting dipped instead!
Make sure your cream cheese and butter are soft. This is imperative to getting a smooth and creative dip that’s worth dipping into!
Mix it up! Change out your sprinkle colors and theming for different occasions. Use green and red for Christmas, red, white, and blue for 4th of July, or sprinkles to match any party theme.
Store this dessert dip in the refrigerator covered for up to three days.
No, I do not recommending freezing funfetti dip. It’s so easy to make, just whip up a new batch!
You can dip graham crackers, animal crackers, fruit, etc. in funfetti dip!
You can store funfetti dip in the refrigerator covered for about three days. When you’re ready to serve again, just stir it up again and top with more sprinkles!
More Easy Dessert Dips
If you like this funfetti dip, you’re going to love these other dips too!
- Creamy pumpkin dip – this quick and easy cream cheese based pumpkin dip is perfect for the fall!
- Christmas tree cake dip – three ingredients is all you need to make this Little Debbie inspired dip!
- Chocolate chip cheese ball – this sweet chocolate chip dip comes together in the form of a sweet dessert cheese ball! Delicious and perfect for dipping all your favorite treats!
- Easy fruit salsa – this sweet fruit salsa is the perfect addition to any party along with some homemade cinnamon chips!
- Cream cheese fruit dip – a citrus based creamy fruit dip that only takes minutes to make!
Easy Funfetti Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 TBS milk
- 1 TBS sprinkles
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.4 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Add powdered sugar and beat again.1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Add vanilla and milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1-2 TBS milk
- Stir in sprinkles and sprinkle more on top for serving.1 TBS sprinkles