This simple caramel apple dip combines cream cheese, powered sugar, caramel and toffee bits in a creamy and flavorful dip that’s perfect for the fall!
Who’s ready for the fall and apple season? I know some people just skip apples and go for pumpkins, but I really do love a good crisp apple. And a good apple crumble but that’s another recipe entirely.
I really love apples when they’re paired with some sort of caramel whether it be caramel apple nachos or this caramel apple dip!
I mean what’s not to love? Caramel, cream cheese, sugar. Plus the toffee bits on the top don’t even taste like toffee, they just taste like more yummy flavor! I don’t like toffee and I love this!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – just combine the ingredients, top it with some caramel and toffee bits and you have a delicious dip to pair with fresh apples!
- Stores well – make this ahead of time or make it right before your party, it doesn’t matter because it tastes just as good a day or two later!
- Toffee topping – when I said the toffee doesn’t taste like toffee, I wasn’t kidding. Toffee bits aren’t hard like a cut up Heath Bar, they’re soft but still with that yummy toffee flavor! And it goes really well with the caramel sauce!
- Cream cheese – remove the cream cheese from the fridge 30-60 minutes before you’re ready to make the dip so it’s soft enough to mix with the other ingredients!
- Lemon juice – fresh or bottled lemon juice works fine in this recipe!
- Apples – any kind of apples work well to dip in this recipe. I typically like to serve a variety of sweet and tart green apples like Disney uses for their Disneyland Halloween treats!
- Toffee bits – while you could do something like chop up a Heath Bar, this recipe is best made with a bag of these toffee bits that you can get in grocery stores!
- Caramel sauce – you can use caramel ice cream topping or your favorite caramel sauce. Just don’t try to use melted caramels – they’ll harden and that’s not what you want for this dip!
Okay so I already mentioned this recipe is super simple. And when I’m saying super simple, I mean simple as 1, 2, 3.
You ready? Here we go!
Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl. You can do this either by hand using a whisk, a hand beater, or do it in a stand mixer. Use whatever works best for you as long as you can get it all nice and creamed together.
Make sure your cream cheese is soft before you do this. If it’s still cold and too hard, you’ll end up with little chunks of cream cheese in the dip – not what we’re going for!
Once that’s done, transfer the dip to a shallow bowl of some sort. This will make it so the dip is not as deep and give people more surface area for dipping into – kind of the same reason I put this buffalo chicken dip in a 9×13 pan instead of a 9×9 one!
Once you’ve moved it over, pour the caramel sauce on top of the cream cheese dip. Then top that with the toffee bits, making sure to get bits all over the dip.
You really want every bite in the dip to have the cheesecake layer, the caramel, and the toffee bits.
And that’s it! Serve with fresh sliced apples for the yummiest, creamiest, caramel apple dip ever!
Make these into individual dips by putting a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into little condiment cups like these. Top with caramel and toffee bits then let people take their own individual dips on their plates rather than trying to spoon it out or dip out of the main dish!
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
Slice the apples right before serving to keep them from getting brown. Or toss in a bag with a little bit of lemon juice!
The best apples to eat with caramel dip are really any apples that you like to eat normally! Try serving a combination of tart green apples with sweeter ones like honeycrisp or gala apples.
This cream cheese caramel apple dip needs to be refrigerated because of the cream cheese in it. Store it in the fridge covered for up to four days before disposing in the trash.
Want something else to dip in this caramel apple dip? Try it with graham crackers, Vanilla wafers, gingerbread cookies, or anything else that would be good in this brownie batter dip!
More Easy Dips
- Cream cheese fruit dip – this super simple fruit dip combines cream cheese and citrus in a refreshingly delicious dip!
- Taco dip with meat – you’ve probably had taco dip but you’ve never had it like this! It’s like eating tacos but in dip form and so much better than the other stuff!
- Christmas tree cheese ball – let people dip crackers and chips into this super festive holiday cheese ball!
- Queso fundido recipe – cheese, chorizo, and spices make this one of the best Mexican inspired dip recipes you’ll ever try!
- Spinach dip in bread bowl – if you’ve never eaten your spinach artichoke dip in a bread bowl, you’re missing out! This is the best way to make and eat spinach dip!
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 2 TBS toffee bits
- apples for serving
- Combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice in a bowl. Beat until smooth.8 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Move the cream cheese mixture to a shallow dish.
- Top the cream cheese dip with caramel sauce and toffee bits, making sure to cover every part of the cream cheese layer.1/4 cup caramel sauce, 2 TBS toffee bits
- Serve chilled with sliced apples.apples