This kid-friendly mermaid punch is perfect for summer pool parties or mermaid-themed parties. This beautiful aqua color drink is full of tasty tropical flavor. Bring your poolside parties to life all summer long with your new favorite drink.
With the new live-action Little Mermaid movie coming out in May, I can guarantee that we’ll start seeing mermaid parties pop up all over the place. And this mermaid punch recipe is the perfect addition to your next mermaid party!
My family helped me test this recipe out, and I have had several requests since for the “mermaid water drink” from my cute niece. Not only did she love the taste but the blue color too!
If you are looking to throw a family-friendly backyard bbq or mermaid birthday party, this mermaid party punch is just for you! This drink is so much fun with perfect blue-green mermaid colors.
This easy party punch recipe is a great addition to any table. So, change out that store-bought Hawaiian Punch for this tropical drink recipe. It will look great, taste amazing, and take only a few extra minutes.
Made with pineapple juice and lemon-lime soda, it has just the right amount of tropical vibes making it perfect for summertime! And it’d be the perfect way to cool down after playing some of these pool games!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy recipe – made with just four ingredients this recipe is as simple as it can get. Mix them all together in one large punch bowl and you are ready to go.
- Family-friendly – it just seems unfair to have a drink called mermaid punch that mermaid-obsessed little kids can’t drink. This tasty drink is perfect for everyone.
- Perfect for parties – whether you are throwing backyard barbecues, birthday parties, or simply having a picnic, this recipe works great. It’s fun, tasty, and makes a great addition to any party table.
- Kool-aid – you can easily change out the flavor to whatever you prefer. Just be aware that Kool-aid is what gives it the blue color, so you may have to use food coloring if you are still wanting it to be blue. And the blue raspberry lemonade flavor is perfect in this!
- Lemon-lime soda – any brand works just fine. You can change it out for any fruity carbonated drink that is clear. Otherwise, you could change the blue-green color.
- Lemonade – any flavor of lemonade will work, just again be careful with the color. Or use your own homemade lemonade!
- Pineapple juice – you can use fresh or canned juice. You can try other tropical juices like mango, but I would avoid lemon or lime juice since they are much more sour an potent than pineapple.
How to make mermaid punch
This fun punch is really easy to make. Pour, mix, and serve. That’s all it is.
To be sure you get the best results, I wrote out the full instructions with pictures. You can also find everything you need on the recipe card below.
1 – Mix the mermaid punch
Start by adding a packet of blue raspberry lemonade Kool-Aid to a large pitcher.
Next stir in the lemonade, lemon lime soda, and pineapple juice. Stir well to make sure all the juices are fully combined!
2 – Chill
Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
3 – Serve
Finally, pour the mermaid punch into your favorite glass with some ice cubes, or directly into a drink dispenser.
Serve your blue drinks with Swedish Fish or mix in some edible glitter for even more mermaid vibes! Kids will absolutely love this fun mermaid party punch, and it’s yummy enough that adults can enjoy it too!
Expert Tips & Storage Info
Follow the instructions and quantities when you make this the first time. After trying it once, change things up to make it fit your needs, like using raspberry lemonade mix and calling it pirate punch instead.
Make this ahead of time by combing everything but the soda. Then chill it in the fridge so you don’t have to add extra ice, which will dilute the punch. When ready to serve, mix in the soda last minute (so you don’t lose the carbonation) before you serve.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serve it over ice in individual glasses rather than by adding ice to the punch itself because the ice will dilute the flavor of the punch as the ice cubes melt.
Keep the mermaid punch stored in a fridge for up to a week. Note that the soda will lose its carbonation, so it won’t have the same bubbly flavor, but it still tastes good. If you used ice in the punch, it may not be great stored because the ice tends to dilute the flavor depending on how much you use.
You can drink the punch for up to a week, though it will lose the carbonation before then.
Yes! You can use whatever flavor you prefer but by changing the flavor you are also changing the color. If you want a blue punch, either pick another blue flavor or you can add blue food coloring until you get the color you want.
More Easy Summer Drinks
- Shark attack drink – this really fun shark inspired drink uses pineapple juice, Sprite, and blue curacao syrup (just syrup, not the actual rink)!
- Shirley temple float – take a shirley temple and make it an ice cream float and then you’ve got this refreshing rink!
- Creamy lemonade – if you’ve never tried creamy lemonade, now’s the time! It’s lemonade but creamy and delicious.
- Frozen hot chocolate – craving hot chocolate in the summer, try this frozen version instead. It’s like a milkshake but better!
- Virgin strawberry mojito – this tropical favorite combine strawberries, mint, and a little bit of soda in one delicious summer drink!
- 1 packet Blue raspberry lemonade Kool-Aid
- 4 Cups lemonade
- 4 Cups lemon- lime soda
- 1 ½ Cups Pineapple juice
- Add a packet of blue raspberry lemonade Kool-Aid to a large pitcher.1 packet Blue raspberry lemonade Kool-Aid
- Ad the lemonade, lemon lime soda, and pineapple juice then stir until completely combined. Chill until ready to serve.4 Cups lemonade, 4 Cups lemon- lime soda, 1 1/2 Cups Pineapple juice
- Pour the mermaid drink into your favorite glass or cup over ice.