This strawberry mojito mocktail has the perfect combination of sweet strawberry flavored combined with tart citrus and a hint of mint. It’s super easy to make and the perfect summer drink for baby showers, pool parties, or just enjoying a night with friends!
I love me a good mocktail, especially when it’s done well. One of my favorite things to do in Phoenix was going to this little restaurant that had a menu full of just mocktails for those of us who like good flavor and want something other than just a soft drink or juice.
I shared this strawberry mocktail a couple of years back and it’s been so popular that I thought it was about time to share another strawberry drink!
If like the combination of strawberry and mint together, you’ll absolutely love this strawberry mojito mocktail.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – This drink can be made in less than five minutes, even with making your own simple syrup!
- Flavor combination – The strawberries, lemons, and mint muddled together gives you an absolutely amazing flavor combination. Some strawberry drinks taste a bit diluted but not this one.
- Elegant – unlike something like this holiday punch that’s full of kid-friendly sherbet, this strawberry mojito mocktail is elegant enough to serve at a bridal shower, baby shower, or adults only party.
- Sparkling water – really any type of sparkling water will do as long as it is unflavored and sparkling. You could also make these with regular water, but they won’t have the same taste as a mojito.
- Strawberries – make sure these are fresh, not frozen strawberries. Frozen strawberries have a different texture and tend to hold a bit of the liquid when they thaw, so they’ll dilute the flavor of this mocktail.
- Ice cubes – I always prefer nugget ice (we LOVE our NewAir Nugget Ice Maker) or any small ice but really any ice cubes work fine.
If you can boil water, you can make this drink! It’s pretty much that simple!
Start by making a simple syrup.
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil as you stir.
Stir slowly until sugar has dissolved and forms a syrup. Allow to cool completely before adding to your drinks.
Make a double or triple batch of the simple syrup and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Then making drinks like this mojito mocktail and this summer punch is even quicker!
Next, you’re going to add your fruit and syrup together to start the strawberry mojito.
Take two tall (at least 12 oz but ideally 20 oz) glasses, add equal amount of strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Add two tablespoons of syrup to each glass.
Muddle the strawberry mixture using a muddler or the back of a spoon. And if you’re not sure what muddle means, it just means pressing down on the mixture to smash it all together and muddle, or mingle, the flavors together.
If you’re going to make many mocktails, I recommend getting a cocktail shaker set like this one I have. I use the little cups, muddler, and shaker cup ALL the time!
Once the mixture is muddled well, add a cup of sparkling water to each glass.
Stir the mixture together with a stirring stick or a straw. The goal is to incorporate that strawberry simple syrup mixture nicely into the sparkling water so you have flavor in every sip.
Add as much ice as desired.
I typically add quite a bit of ice because I like my drinks cold and drink them fast, but that’s totally up to you. The ice will dilute the flavor a bit as it melts, but it should still be delicious!
Last but not least, garnish with fresh mint, strawberries, and lemon wedges!
These drinks make the perfect addition to any family-friendly celebration or one like a baby shower where you need a signature drink that’s good for a mom to be!
Double or triple the recipe to serve a larger group. This recipe is written for two drinks but can easily be increased to serve an entire crowd. Just make sure you keep the ratios the same as you increase amounts.
Serve immediately so that the sparkling water doesn’t go flat. Or if you want to prep these ahead of time, you could go all the way through muddling the fruit simple syrup mixture in the bottom of the glasses ahead of time. Then just add the sparkling water and ice right before you serve.
Mix it up by using other berries instead of strawberries to have a blueberry mojito, blackberry mojito (one of my favorites), etc. The process is the same, just switch out the berries.
This strawberry mojito has just the right amount of sweetness with the addition of the simple syrup. If you’d like it to be less sweet, I recommend halving the amount of simple syrup added in each glass. Or if you want something really sweet, I recommend trying this strawberry lemonade instead.
Just divide this recipe in half for the perfect strawberry mojito mocktail for one person. Or make the full batch of the simple syrup to use for another mojito later in the week!
More Easy Drinks
- Cotton Candy Drink – this unique strawberry mocktail includes a fun addition of cotton candy, kids LOVE it, and adults love the shimmery look!
- Very Berry Mocktail – this delicious mocktail combines a variety of berries in a yummy drink!
- Caramel Apple Drink – if you like caramel apples, you’ll love this fun over the top ode to the fall flavor! It’s super easy to make, pretty to look at, and tastes great!
- Halloween Punch – a not so spoooky but definitely spooktacularly fun drink to celebrate Halloween with the kids!
- Homemade fruit punch – all sorts of fruity flavors combined in one fantastic fruity cocoction!
Easy Strawberry Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- 4 strawberries (diced)
- 1 sprig mint leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups sparkling water
- ice cubes
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring mixture to a boil as you stir. Stir slowly until sugar has dissolved and forms a syrup. Allow to cool.
- Take 2 tall glass, add equal amount of strawberries, lemon wedges and mint leaves.
- Add 2 tablespoons syrup to each glass.
- Muddle the strawberry mixture using muddler or back of a spoon.
- Add one cup of sparkling water to each glass and stir with stirrer.
- Add ice as desired. Serve immediately.