This Valentine’s Day graham cracker bark combines graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows in a delicious dessert that’s simple to make and delicious to eat! Add some Valentine’s Day candies and sprinkles for the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
Ever since I made my Easter bark last year and everyone loved it (hello viral on TikTok), I’ve been making a version of the same bark every holiday since.
When something’s work, you make it all the time right? Both kids and adults absolutely love this non-traditional bark and me, I love it because it reminds me eating s’mores!
Unlike traditional chocolate bark, this graham cracker bark starts with a base of graham crackers that gets topped with melted marshmallows, melted chocolate, and then all sorts of holiday specific sprinkles and candies.
I make it every holiday (seriously, I have Christmas bark and Halloween bark in addition to the Easter version) because it’s really that good.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 5-ingredients – this recipe only uses five ingredients including the topping you put on top! And if you’re a s’mores lover like me, you likely already have all of these in your pantry already!
- Easy to mix it up – change out the toppings for anything you want and this fun graham cracker bark recipe works for pretty much any holiday or occasion. I’ve even done it with just rainbow sprinkles to make it a birthday bark!
- Great texture – unlike traditional chocolate bark that’s typically just one note with chocolate topped with more chocolate or candies, this graham cracker bark has the crunch of the graham crackers plus the yummy flavor of the melted marshmallows and chocolate. It’s so much better in my opinion than traditional bark.
- Graham crackers – you’ll need either 12 full size graham crackers or 24 graham cracker squares. I just used regular graham crackers but honey ones would work as well.
- Marshmallows – you can use either 40 large marshmallows (just the regular ones, not jumbo size) or one bag of mini marshmallows.
- Butter – you’ll want to use unsalted butter for this recipe so that you don’t end up a random salty flavor mixed into the sweet! You’ll melt the chocolate so it can be either at room temperature or straight out of the fridge.
- Baking chocolate – I used 8 oz of semi-sweet chocolate broken into squares before melting but you could also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate depending on your chocolate preference. Another good option are chocolate melting wafers. If you don’t have baking chocolate or melting wafers, you could also use chocolate chips, but I recommend adding 1/4 tsp of either vegetable or coconut oil so it pours smoother.
- Valentine’s Day candies – this could really be anything you want that’s Valentine’s Day themed or colored. The one recommendation I have is to make sure that the candy you add is easy to bite. I’d skip harder candies like conversation hearts and go with just soft ones like M&Ms, mini gummy hearts, etc.
- Sprinkles – Valentine’s colored sprinkles add a nice color and crunch to this Valentine’s Day graham cracker bark! I recommend using jimmies (long sprinkles) or non-pareils (circle sprinkles) and skipping out on the really big sprinkles that don’t bite into very well.
How to make graham cracker bark
This graham cracker bark recipe is so simple to make. There’s a reason I make it for every holiday, and hopefully you will too!
Start by lining a 9.5 x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. If you want to make a smaller batch of graham cracker bark, you can use a smaller baking sheet and half the recipe!
Line the prepared baking sheet with graham crackers in a single layer. Cut the graham crackers to fit the baking sheet if you need to. Just make sure they don’t overlap.
Add the marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl then pour the melted butter over the marshmallows and stir them together.
Microwave the bowl of marshmallows in 30 second increments, stirring between increments, until the marshmallow is completely melted.
You can also kip the oven altogether and melt the butter and marshmallow on low heat on the stove until melted.
Pour the melted marshmallow over top of the graham crackers and evenly spread it on top of the graham crackers, trying to cover all of them.
It’s helpful to spray a rubber spatula with nonstick spray to spread the marshmallow.
Ideally cover the graham cracker with the marshmallow, but it’s ok if it doesn’t just get it as close to the edge as possible.
Add the baking chocolate to microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring between increments, until the chocolate is fully melted.
If you’re using chocolate chips, add the chocolate chips and the added oil to the bowl and microwave them together.
Once the chocolate is melted, pour it over the marshmallow layer then use the rubber spatula to create a full layer of chocolate.
Add the candy on top of the chocolate layer while it is still soft. I recommend doing each type of candy one at a time so you can make sure that each piece of the bark has every type of candy.
I normally just start at the top left and go right then go down to the next spot and continue across, covering all of the bark with candy.
Let the chocolate cool for 30 minutes. Then cut the graham cracker bark into squares with a sharp knife and serve!
Or if you want more of the torn/broken bark look, you can always just pull apart pieces of the Valentine’s Day bark as well, I just personally like the clean edges.
Either enjoy immediately or put pieces in a plastic bag with one of the cute gift tags I added to my Valentine’s Day gift baskets and gift to friends and family!
Expert Tips & Storage Info
Store at room temperature for up to one week in an airtight container. If it’s warm inside, keep refrigerated so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
Make sure to use non-stick cooking spray on the spatula and your hands when dealing with the melted marshmallow. It can get really sticky and you don’t want it to pull up the graham crackers when stuck to your hands.
Mix it up! Try this same graham cracker bark base with other holidays and candies.
Store this graham cracker bark after cut in an airtight container for up to a week. The pieces stack well on top of each other, so it’s super easy to store!
This graham cracker chocolate bark lasts for up to a week. Once you’ve reached the week mark, trash any leftovers (likely none).
Spray your knife lightly with non-stick cooking spray before cutting the bark. This will help prevent the marshmallow from sticking to the knife during the cutting process.
More Easy Chocolate Recipes
If you like this chocolate graham cracker bark, make sure to check out these delicious chocolate recipes, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Easy chocolate truffles – simple and decadent chocolate filling gets wrapped in melted chocolate for one delicious treat.
- Homemade Nestle crunch bars – this 3-ingredient recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream, especially if you like Crunch bars!
- Rocky road fudge – chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts all mixed into a bite-sized snack!
- Peanut butter chocolate brownies – layers of chocolate brownie, peanut butter mousse, and chocolate ganache make these a must-try!
- Homemade hot fudge – an easy to make hot fudge recipe that makes a great ice cream or cheesecake topping!
Valentine's Day Graham Cracker Bark
- 12 large graham crackers
- 40 large marshmallows (or 10.5oz mini marshmallows)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 8 oz Bakers semi sweet chocolate broken into small squares
- Valentines candy
- Valentines sprinkles
- Line a 9.5 x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Line the prepared baking sheet with graham crackers in a single layer.12 large graham crackers
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the marshmallows. Then pour the melted butter over the marshmallows and stir. Microwave the bowl of marshmallows in 30 second increments then stir until the marshmallow is melted.40 large marshmallows, 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Pour the marshmallow over the graham crackers. Evenly spread the marshmallow around the graham crackers.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments stirring in between each one until the chocolate is fully melted.8 oz Bakers semi sweet chocolate
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread it over the marshmallow layer.
- Add the candy and sprinkles on top of the chocolate layer while it is still soft.Valentines candy, Valentines sprinkles
- Let the chocolate cool for 30 minutes then serve!
Leave a Comment