Make your own homemade crunch bars at home with this easy nestle crunch recipe! It takes just a few minutes and a few ingredients to make these delicious chocolate crunch bars that taste just like the popular candy bar! They’re not only the easiest but also the best homemade crunch bars you can make!
If you’ve been to my site before, you may have noticed I have an obsession with candy bars and no-bake recipes. Hello no-bake Snickers pie and Reese’s pie.
I thought it’d be fun to recreate one of my favorite candy bars – a Nestle crunch bar – in yet another simple no-bake chocolate treat!
This copycat Nestle crunch bar tastes very similar to the real thing, but it’s much easier and less expensive than buying a bunch of candy bars!
So whether you’re craving a chocolate candy bar or actual chocolate crunch bars, I encourage you to try these instead of buying some from grocery stores.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple ingredients – unlike the actual original recipe that has all sorts of random things in it, this crunch bar recipe only has four ingredients including crispy rice cereal and milk chocolate.
- No candy bar mold needed – with the way the recipe is written, you can make these without needed any special tools or equipment – just a pan and some parchment paper! Homemade candy bars are better – make your own candy bars at home instead of buying them from the store! You control what goes in it and plus homemade always tastes better!
- Rice krispies – I like to use name brand rice krispy cereal, but you could probably use any sort of generic crispy rice cereal as well. Use any leftovers to make these chocolate dipped rice krispy treats!
- Chocolate chips – you can make these with any kind of chocolate chips you want as long as they are high-quality. I personally prefer to use semi-sweet Ghirardelli or Nestle. You could also make these with milk chocolate or even dark chocolate if you’d like. It just depends on how sweet you want the bars. They’re really good with dark chocolate chips too.
- Coconut oil – good quality coconut oil that’s solid, not melted.
- Sea salt – flaky sea salt is a great way to garnish these bars to cut the sweetness of the bars. Just know that the actual Nestle crunch bar don’t have salt on top – I just like the variation! If you do add sea salt, I like to use the large flakes in my chocolate bar recipe.
How to make homemade nestle crunch bars
These homemade crunch bars are so easy to make, which is one of the reasons I love them so much!
Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Make sure there is plenty of parchment paper on the sides so you can lift it out of the square pan once the bars are done.
To melt the chocolate chips, bring a small pot of water to a simmer over medium heat. Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a heat proof bowl and place the bowl over the boiling pot of water. This is doing a double boiler method and my favorite way to melt the chocolate mixture.
Heat the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the rice crispies.
Pour the rice cereal mixture into the prepared 8×8 pan and using a spoon or rubber spatula, press down on the mixture until it is a flat layer. Don’t press too hard, just firm enough to create an even layer.
Chill the crunch bars in the fridge for about 2 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer until they are fully set!
Remove the pan from the fridge and firmly lift the two sides of the parchment paper to remove from the pan. This will give you a nice square that you can cut into any shape you want.
Slice the candy into bars using a sharp knife. I recommend cutting them into about 8 slices, but make them any size you want! If you like the mini Nestle crunch bars, you can make minis!
Or if you want simple squares instead, go for square chocolate crispy treats instead.
If you want to go crazy, you can dip the bars into additional melted semi-sweet chocolate or drizzle them with melted chocolate and sprinkle them with the sea salt flakes.
Place final bars on a baking sheet and allow them final chocolate to harden before serving.
Expert Tips and Storage Info
Make sure to have your parchment paper long enough so that you can pull the bars out of the pan easily. This will make cutting the bars so much easier than trying to do it in the bar.
Fancy these up for Valentine’s Day by adding sea salt and Valentine’s Day sprinkles on top of the chocolate drizzle. Just because they taste like crunch bars doesn’t mean they can’t also just double as yummy chocolate bars!
Store in an airtight storage container (or a gallon size ziploc bag) at room temperature for up to five days. If you don’t store in an airtight container, the bars will dry out faster.
A Nestle crunch bar uses all sorts of ingredients including milk chocolate, crisped rice, and other complicated ingredients. These homemade crunch bars use just four simple ingredients – chocolate chips, coconut oil, rice krispies, and sea salt (optional) in a delicious homemade treat.
If stored in an airtight container, these chocolate crunch bars will last for up to five days.
More Easy No Bake Treats
If you like these classic crunch bars and want to try something else to keep your sweet tooth happy, try one of these sweet treat recipes next! They’re all no-bake and easy as can be!
- Edible sugar cookie dough – an edible sweet treat that tastes just like sugar cookie dough!
- Marshmallow popcorn balls – these delicious treats combine marshmallows, popcorn, and butter in one decadnet treat!
- Strawberry shortcake ice cream cake – layers of Golden Oreos, strawberries, and ice cream make this no bake dessert a must-try!
- Cheesecake cones – ice cream cones filled with strawberry lemon cheesecake filling, these are a fun and flavorful treat!
- Dirt and worms – this fun Oreo dirt cake recipe isn’t actually a cake, so it’s still no bake and so much fun!
- Fairy bread – a fun and simple recipe inspired by Australian fairy bread!
Homemade Nestle Crunch Bar Recipe
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips good quality
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 3 cups rice cereal
- sea salt flakes for garnish
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper. Make sure there is plenty of parchment paper on the sides so you can lift it out of the square pan once the bars are done.
- Melt the chocolate chips, bring a small pot of water to a simmer over medium heat. Put the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the boiling pot of water.2 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1 TBS coconut oil
- Heat the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the rice cereal.3 cups rice cereal
- Pour the rice cereal mixture into the prepared 8×8 pan. Flatten down the mixture using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Chill the crunch bars in the fridge for about 2 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and firmly lift the two sides of the parchment paper to remove from the pan.
- Slice the candy into bars using a sharp knife. I recommend cutting them into about 8 slices, but make them any size you want! If you like the mini Nestle crunch bars, you can make minis!
- If you'd like to decorate the bars, you can dip them in more melted chocolate or drizzle it on top to give the sea salt something to stick to.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes for garnish if desired.sea salt flakes
- Place final bars on a baking sheet and allow them final chocolate to harden before serving.
Leave a Comment