This easy no churn birthday cake ice cream recipe is a creamy ice cream that’s filled with pieces of birthday cake, sprinkles, and more to create a delicious cake batter flavor! Serve it with birthday cake or instead of birthday cake for your next celebration!
One of the best birthday traditions is enjoying birthday cake and ice cream. This no-churn birthday cake ice cream recipe takes those two things and combines them together into one delicious treat that everyone will love!
It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t require an ice cream maker, just combining a couple of ingredients, and letting it all freeze together!
It’s the perfect addition to any birthday party (great after playing these birthday party games) or honestly any time you’re craving birthday cake and ice cream but don’t want to make both!
It’s creamy, full of actual birthday cake, and absolutely delicious. Plus, the rainbow jimmies give it that fun birthday cake sprinkle look, making it even more fun to eat!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Birthday cake flavor – with yellow cake, funfetti cake mix, and sprinkles mixed into this no-churn recipe, the birthday cake flavor is strong but not overwhelming!
- No churn recipe – no need to have an ice cream maker for this recipe, just a freezer!
- Versatile – with the flavor being like mild cake batter ice cream, this goes well with any of your favorite toppings like cherries, chocolate syrup, or hot fudge!
- Vanilla frosting – you could also use Funfetti frosting if you want even more color, but it will make this ice cream a bit sweeter than the original recipe.
- Rainbow sprinkles – I recommend using rainbow jimmies for this (the long sprinkles, not the round kind of sprinkles). You’ll want some to add into the batter and also some to sprinkle on top of the ice cream. If you don’t use the correct type of sprinkles, it’s okay but it may change the color of the ice cream!
- Yellow cake – you’ll need two cups of yellow cake (I recommend the super moist kind) cut into 1 inch cubes. You can either make your favorite homemade cake recipe or use store-bought.
- Funfetti cake mix – this needs to be heat treated by cooking the cake mix in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Make sure to heat treat before adding to the ice cream, this kills any bacteria possibly found in the raw flour.
- Heavy whipping cream – this needs to be chilled until you use it so make sure to keep in cold in the refrigerator until it’s ready to use.
How to make birthday cake ice cream
Making homemade ebirthday cake ice cream is easier than you’d think, especially since this is a no churn recipe – meaning you don’t have to churn it in an ice cream maker.
First, you need to put your heavy cream in a large mixing bowl and whip on low speed using either an electric mixer or stand mixer until bubbles start to form, then increase to high speed and whip for 3-4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form and it is the consistency of whipped topping.
Next, combine the condensed milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and mix until well blended.
Then add that mixture to the whipped cream and mix on low just until ingredients are combined.
Now it’s time to add the party! Add the cake mix, cake cubes (save a few for garnish), and the sprinkles then hand whisk everything together.
Do it gently so you don’t completely destroy the cake cubes.
Put about 1/3 of the ice cream mixture into a 9″x5″ loaf pan, spreading it out to cover the entire pan.
Add a layer of frosting over it, then repeat with another layer of ice cream mixture and another layer of frosting.
Add the remaining ice cream mixture to finish off the ice cream layers and garnish the top with cake cubes (or you could crumble them up and top with birthday cake crumbles) and sprinkles.
Cover with plastic wrap, then place in freezer for at least 6 hours before serving.
Once frozen you can either leave it intact in the cake pans or scoop ice cream into another airtight container to make it easier to serve later!
Serve either in a cup or on a cone topped with your favorite ice cream toppings! Or serve in a bowl alongside pieces of cake!
If you’re serving at a party, place a scoop of ice cream inside a muffin tin with a cupcake liner inside. Or place cupcake liners with ice cream scoops on a baking sheet. Then when you’re ready to serve, you can just give everyone a prepared cupcake liner to go with their cake instead of having to scoop it all with the cake!
Store this delicious ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks before throwing away.
Add the frosting by either dolloping on spoonfuls of the frosting or by piping it on. No need to spread it on, the goal is actually to have pockets of frosting to add that frosted cake taste.
Make it a sundae by topping with whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, cherries, extra sprinkles, and even nuts if you want! This birthday ice cream makes a great ice cream base for pretty much any toppings!
Homemade birthday cake ice cream has the flavor of what you would imagine the batter of a funfetti birthday cake would taste like if you ate the batter straight. It’s one of our favorite ice cream recipes, and a great one to go with pretty much anything, even chocolate cake!
Birthday cake ice cream is made up of simple ingredients including whipped whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, birthday cake, vanilla extract (to give it a vanilla cake flavor), and lots of rainbow sprinkles. The best birthday cake ice cream has a colorful and fun look with a delicious flavor.
More Easy Birthday Treats
If you’re looking for more birthday treats, check out these yummy dessert recipes!
- Fairy bread – this 3-ingredient treat is perfect for any kid’s birthday party!
- Ice cream bread – a simple funfetti ice cream that’s kind of like magic!
- Dunkaroo dip – a homemade dunkaroo dip recipe that’s a really fun addition to any celebration!
- Edible sugar cookie dough – a quick and easy edible super cookie dough recipe that’s full of sprinkles!
- Funfetti dip – a simple icing based dip that’s a fun addition to any dessert table!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix (heat treated)
- 2 cups pre-baked yellow cake (cut into 1" cubes)
- rainbow sprinkles jimmies
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Place heavy cream in a large mixing bowl and whip on low speed until bubbles start to form, then increase to high speed and whip for 3-4 minutes, or until peaks form and it is the consistency of whipped topping.2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix until well blended.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the milk mixture to the whipped cream and mix on low just until ingredients are combined.
- Add the cake mix, cake cubes (save a few for garnish), and the sprinkles to the creamy mixture then hand whisk everything together.1 cup Funfetti cake mix, 2 cups pre-baked yellow cake, rainbow sprinkles
- Put 1/3 of the ice cream mixture into a 9"x5" loaf pan, add a layer of frosting over it, then repeat with another layer of ice cream mixture and another layer of frosting. Add the remaining ice cream mixture and garnish the top with cake cubes and sprinkles.1 can vanilla frosting
- Cover, then place in freezer for at least 6 hours before serving.
Leave a Comment