This biscuits and sausage gravy breakfast pizza is a great easy breakfast that both kids and adults will love! It combines your favorite biscuits and gravy with pizza for one delicious breakfast pizza with gravy recipe!
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
One of my absolute favorite ways to create a recipe is to combine two of my favorites into one easy dish. For this sausage gravy breakfast pizza, I did just that. Biscuits and gravy + pizza = the ultimate breakfast comfort food. And the best part? Like all of my recipes, these are simple to make and super kid friendly.
This is also a fantastic way to use any leftover scrambled eggs or country gravy that you might have from a previous breakfast. Or is it just my kid who says he wants eggs and then when they’re cooked wants nothing to do with them?
How to Make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
First off, start by making your country gravy. You can use your favorite recipe, buy it already made, or use this country gravy recipe I used for the recipe below. I used coconut oil in mine just because that’s what we have on hand but you could substitute the coconut oil with vegetable oil as well if you prefer.
While your gravy is simmering, open your biscuits and roll each one out individually into a small about 8″ circle and chop up your sausage links into about 1/2 rounds. If you want to spend a little more time, you could also use ground sausage but the links will save you a good 10-15 minutes!
As soon as your gravy is done, top each biscuit with about a tablespoon of gravy, spreading it around evenly. Then go ahead and top your pizza with scrambled eggs, sausage rounds, and finally, cheese.
Bake in the oven at the temperature indicated on the biscuit package for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are slightly browned. I like to cook mine on a pizza stone to get the biscuit crust a little more crispy but you can definitely bake them on a regular baking sheet as well.
Remove the pizzas from the baking sheet and serve hot.
How to Eat This Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
I love my breakfast pizzas drizzled with pure maple syrup but that’s optional. I have a love/hate relationship with maple syrup because I somehow always get it on my shirt so if you’re the same way, feel free to skip the syrup altogether. They’re also delicious with this blueberry breakfast compote.
Easy Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
- 1 package of 8 refrigerated ready to cook biscuits
- 1/2 cup of your favorite country gravy
- 4 Pork Sausage Links , cut length wise into 1/2 inch rounds
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees (or whatever your biscuit instructions call for).
- Roll out each biscuit into a flat 6” circle.
- Top each biscuit with 1 Tbs of your favorite country gravy.
- Top gravy with about 1/8 of the scrambled eggs.
- Top the eggs with the cut sausage links.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each of the pizzas.
- Bake pizzas for 15-20 minutes or until biscuit dough is lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with maple syrup (optional).