This cranberry orange bread recipe combines the popular flavor of cranberry bread with the tart pop of citrus. Combined you have one of the absolute best and most moist cranberry orange bread recipes ever. It’ll be one of your go-to cranberry bread recipes every year.
Why Cranberry Orange Bread
It all started when my mom convinced me to try mixing cranberry juice into my orange juice. The tart flavor of the cranberry perfectly balances the sweetness of the orange. Cranberry orange juice is still my favorite drink, but it’s gone far beyond just juice now. I absolutely love the tartness of cranberries and how they can complement a sweet salad, baked good, or even soup so well.
Where to Find Cranberries All Year Long
The recipe I’m sharing today is one that I got from my good friend Kristin. She made it for a baby shower we hosted together a couple of years ago, and I knew I had to have it. If you can’t find fresh cranberries, you can use frozen cranberries in this recipe as well. They’re typically available all year long at Whole Foods.
How to Make This Cranberry Orange Bread
The cranberry bread is fairly simple to make but does take a little bit of time because you start out by chopping all of the cranberries in half. But I’m getting ahead of myself, let’s start at the beginning.
First, gather your ingredients.
Next, chop all of your cranberries in half. Whole cranberries would make for one hard to eat cranberry bread. Once they’re chopped, cover the cranberries with sugar.
And then you’re going to measure out your dry ingredients and set aside.
Once the bread is done, serve sliced or just bite off chunks of the mini loaves like I do. No matter the way you slice it, it’s going to be delicious.
Free Printable Cranberry Bread Gift Tags
These cranberry orange mini loaves are perfect for a fun summer gift for a friend. I made an “Oh say cran you see” one for 4th of July and then because I was in a corny mood, made three other free printables that you can really use whenever. Be prepared; puns ahead.
I’ve also got some great holiday printables you can use with this cranberry bread. It makes the perfect neighbor, teacher, hostess, you name it gift. Click on the image below to see all of the fun holiday cranberry inspired printables. Or click on the links below each individual image to download each individual tag.
Other Gifts to Give with This Cranberry Orange Bread
- Orange Cranberry Marmalade
- Cranberry Orange Loose Leaf Tea
- Cheerful Cranberry Orange Candle
- Organic Cranberry Orange Lip Balm
- Cranberry Orange Body Butter
Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- 2tspbaking soda
- 1 1/2tspsalt
- 2cupssugar + 1/4 cup to put on top of the cranberries
- 4cupsfresh or frozen cranberries cut in half
- 2Tbsgrated orange rind
- 1cuporange juice
- 2/3cupvegetable oil
- 2cupschopped pecans or walnuts
- Slice cranberries in half. Top with 1/4 cup sugar then set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, orange rind, and vegetable oil.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture, orange juice, and water to sugar mixture.
- Once all mixed together, add chopped nuts and cranberries.
- Divide batter into small greased mini loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.