Help kids learn about gratitude throughout November with this printable Thanksgiving turkey filled with gratitude activities for kids! Do one each day, color it in, and have a fully colored turkey by the end of the month!
Every year I try to figure out how to help my kids learn to be more grateful for the things they have. We’ve tried everything from this gratitude game to doing one of these gratitude jars, this gratitude punch game, and lots of things in between!
This year I made this fun printable Thanksgiving turkey that’s filled with questions and activities to help kids (and adults) think of things they’re grateful for all month long! It’s an adorable turkey filled with helpful ideas!
Plus, it’s a fun printable coloring page so as you complete the activities, you get to color them in throughout the holiday season.
Because who doesn’t like marking something off after you’ve done it? There’s a reason we used coloring pages when setting family goals too!
How to Use this Printable Thankful Page
This fun printable turkey is filled with a fun activity for 24 days of Thanksgiving. I went with 24 because Thanksgiving is on the 24th this year BUT you don’t have to necessarily do them November 1 to November 24 and can pick and choose the days during the month to do them.
For my family, we are starting this tomorrow with a talk about gratitude and then we are going to pick one of the activities to do off one of the turkey’s feathers.
This is the perfect activity to do as a family or if you have older kids, you can have them do them on their own as they have time.
For younger children who can’t read or might struggle to do some of these things, I recommend doing them together or at least helping them with the prompts.
Once you’ve completed the activity for the day, it’s time to color! Use different colors to fill in the turkey’s feathers just like a real turkey. Go with whatever colors you like most – we colored ours with vibrant colors but anything works as long as they’re their favorite colors! Colored pencils, markers, crayons, and even paint all work great!
Or if you don’t want some coloring fun, you could get creative and cover it with little pieces of tissue paper, stickers, stamps, or anything else to show that you’ve completed that day’s activities. These can be a great way to get in a little practice on those fine motor skills!
Print out one gratitude turkey for everyone in your family (or anyone who will want to fill in the little turkeys). Kids of all ages will enjoy coloring in their own feather each day rather than choosing one person to color. It’s a fun way to check off your item for that day. So I recommend printing out everyone their own turkey.
There are two different designs included in the digital file that you can print. One is the one you see at the top of this page with the turkey body and the tips of the feathers colored in. This one is a little more interesting to look at before it’s completely colored.
The other is just a completely black and white turkey that you can see below. It would be fun to take this version and let kids color in the body while you’re talking about how you’re going to use these as a family! Or they can just color it in at any point during the month!
Sample Gratitude Activities
If you can’t read the images of the turkey in this post, some of the activities included on the turkey are things like:
- Take a neighbor’s garbage cans to the curb on trash day (ask first!)
- Write down 3 things each family member is good at.
- Read a book about gratitude.
- Give a family member a hug.
- Write a thank you note to a teacher.
And so on. The idea was to have a variety of different Thanksgiving activities so it wasn’t all just answering questions, writing thank you notes, or even service. There’s a little bit of everything, perfect for planning out the bigger activities for weekends and leaving the others for busy nights.
You could honestly even just leave all of the questions to talk about over your Thanksgiving dinner on turkey day! Or after your Thanksgiving meal you’re enjoying a little no bake pumpkin pie for dessert!
More Free Printables for Thanksgiving
If you’re looking for more than just cute turkey coloring pages I have tons of other great printables for Thanksgiving Day! There are options that are so much fun for younger kids, big kids, and even adults!
I also have free coloring pages for Thanksgiving just in case you want those too, but these are different printable pages!
- Turkey hunt – this fun turkey game will have people searching for printable turkeys everywhere and whoever finds the turkey body first wins a prize then hides it again! This is always a hit!
- Printable Thanksgiving placemats – a whole set of placemats that are full of printable activities that kids can do at the kids table!
- Thanksgiving dice game – this one’s a great idea if people have a hard time coming up with grateful things to say about other people! There are two different ways to play and both are really fun!
- Roll a turkey – this is kind of like a turkey craft template mixed with a game and kids love it!
- Thanksgiving trivia – if you’re hosting a big dinner, these free Thanksgiving printables are perfect for add to tables for people to ask questions to each other as they eat!
Download the Printable Turkeys
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get free download of the printable PDFs.
You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you’re prefer to not provide your email, you can buy a copy in my shop here.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you do not see the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
The digital download will include a PDF file with:
- One page of a turkey that has a colored in body and feathres
- One page of a turkey that’s completely white so kids can make this beautiful coloring page completely their own (you can see the white turkey with simple outlines and no color at the bottom of this post)