This no bake pumpkin pie combines pumpkin, pudding, and a whole lot of creamy flavor for one delicious pumpkin dessert! You’ll never even miss the traditional baked pumpkin pie!
There’s just something about pumpkin pie I don’t love, or at least not the traditional baked kind that you need to add cups cups of whipped cream to eat.
This no bake pumpkin pie that uses a pudding base and a graham cracker crust, this is my kind of pumpkin pie. It’s creamy, sweet (but not too sweet), and just delicious. It reminds me a bit of striped delight but for Thanksgiving.
Plus, it’s no bake so you aren’t taking up one of your precious ovens on Thanksgiving Day. You can save that for the turkey and roasted root veggies. And everyone – even people don’t love pumpkin pie will enjoy this one!
- Pecans – the pecans are totally optional and only used for garnish. You can either chop them up and sprinkle on top, add on top of dollops of whipped cream, or just put a little bowl of chopped pecans by the pie for people to garnish themselves. Or skip them all together!
- Pumpkin – make sure to get pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling already has spices included and you don’t want that.
- Vanilla pie filling – you want the instant kind, not the kind that’ll have to sit for hours. It’s also known as instant vanilla pudding.
- Milk – I recommend whole milk in this recipe to make it as creamy as possible. 2% is okay too, but I wouldn’t go any lower than that.
Just like this Reese’s peanut butter pie, this no bake pumpkin pie is literally just a few simple steps that include mixing, pouring, and spreading!
First thing you need to do is make your pie filling. Combine the instant pie filling mix with milk, stir, and set aside for five minutes to let it come together.
After five minutes it should be somewhat solidified and look a little like this.
Next you’re going to add your pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to the filling and mix.
Add the Cool Whip and fold it in. Or if you’re like David and Moira and don’t know what fold means – just gently mix it in with a spatula. You want to blend all of the ingredients together into one creamy mix.
It should look something like when you’re done.
Split the pumpkin pie filling evenly between two graham cracker crusts. Then put that in the fridge and let it chill for four hours so the filling can completely set.
When you’re ready to serve, remove from the fridge and top with whipped cream (spray kind or homemade whipped cream), pecans, and a sprinkling of cinnamon if desired.
Serve chilled with extra cool whip and pecan. And don’t forget to put it back in the fridge once you’re done serving.
Make this the day before to save time on Thanksgiving Day. It needs to chill for at least 4 hours but chilling overnight is great!
Stir the mixture by hand rather than using a stand mixer or hand beater to keep it fluffy and creamy.
Place extra whipped cream by the pie so people can add more when they’re serving themselves. Some people LOVE whipped cream while others just like a little.
Keep this refrigerated until you’re ready to serve and put it back in the fridge after you’re done eating. It’s full of dairy (milk, whipped cream, etc.) that needs to be refrigerated.
Store this pumpkin pie in the fridge with an airtight lid or covered with plastic wrap for up to five days.
This no bake pumpkin pie is perfect to make ahead! Make it the night before and just refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Add the whipped cream and optional pecans when serving.
If you want to make just one pie simply half the ingredients in the recipe. Use one pie filling mix, half the milk, half a can of pumpkin, half the pumpkin pie spice, and half the Cool Whip. You’ll get the perfect amount for one pie.
More Thanksgiving Desserts
- Chocolate turkey treats
- Pecan pie bars
- Pumpkin cheesecake bars
- Easy apple crumble
- Sopapilla cheesecake bars
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 2 pkgs vanilla instant pie filling (4 servings)
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 C Cool Whip
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- pecans optional (for garnish)
- Add pie filling mix and milk into bowl. Mix slowly until blended. Let sit for five minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in Cool Whip until everything is well blended.
- Pour into graham cracker crusts.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and pecans (optional).
Tips & Notes:
- 1 pkg (4 servings) instant vanilla pie filling
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 can pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 graham cracker crust