This easy sausage breakfast casserole recipe is topped with a crunchy bread topping and is the perfect weekend brunch! I’m excited to share the recipe with you as part of my Jones Dairy Farm Ambassadorship. While the post is compensated, all opinions are 100% honest and my own!
Ever since I’ve started traveling a lot, my 3-year-old thinks it’s his duty to be by my side every second of the day. It’s like if I leave the room he thinks I’m not going to come back. It’s kind of sad really. And kind of annoying when I’m trying to get things done. Cracking eggs with a 3-year-old is tough. Really tough.
This sausage breakfast casserole is perfect because you can either make it right before you want to bake it OR make it ahead the night before. And making things the night before means that I can make it at midnight when my clingy toddler is in bed then just toss it in the oven in the morning. I can typically get him to take a step back when I’m putting things in the hot oven, most of the time at least.
This isn’t your standard breakfast casserole. It starts with the same ingredients – eggs, cheese, milk, and Jones Dairy Farm breakfast sausage – but the best part of it is the bread cubes mixed it. Those bread cubes turn it into more of a casserole taste than a straight egg dish. And the crunchy crispy bread on top, the best part of all!
The casserole is so simple to make and only needs a couple of ingredients that you likely already have in your house. If you don’t already have Jones Dairy Farm roll sausage, you can pick it up at your local grocery store (check locations here) in the frozen section. Just remember to thaw during the day or the night before you want to make the casserole.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Pick up some @JonesDairyFarm breakfast sausage at the grocery store to make this sausage breakfast casserole from @playpartyplan.” quote=”Pick up some @JonesDairyFarm breakfast sausage at your local grocery store to make this sausage breakfast casserole.”]
Once the sausage is thawed, brown it in a pan until thoroughly cooked. Mix everything, including the sausage, all together in a large bowl then put into a non-stick baking dish and bake. Enjoy with a fresh fruit salad or some juice for a nice Saturday breakfast or brunch.
Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe with Crunchy Bread Topping
- 1 roll Jones Dairy Farm original breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 oz Italian or Ciabatta bread , cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Cook Jones Dairy Farm breakfast sausage according to instructions on package. When you remove sausage from pan, use a slotted spoon and place on plate with paper towel to soak up extra juices.
- While sausage is cooking, cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and parsley in large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add cheese into egg mixture and stir in.
- Add cooked sausage into mixture and stir in.
- Add bread cubes into bowl and stir in gently until well combined.
- Pour mixture into 8x8 or 9x9 prepared baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until egg is completely cooked.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.