This quick and easy smores dip recipe can be baked to perfection in just ten minutes! It’s the perfect summer dessert for anyone who likes s’mores or who likes dessert dips!
I’m one of those people who has a problem eating just one s’more. I mean are you really only supposed to eat just one? I personally like to eat a bunch. There’s a reason I’ve done things like a DIY s’mores bar and a s’mores charcuterie board at parties in the past.
They both kind of encourage you to eat at least two s’mores and honestly as many as you want.
I’m also a big fan of anything s’more flavored. Like these Reese’s cup s’mores bars, these s’more cookies, and this oven baked smores dip recipe I’m about to share.
It’s one of the easiest warm dessert dips that you’ll ever make and pretty much foolproof, as long as you remember to take it out of the oven! This sweet dessert is just a fun way to enjoy s’mores from the comfort of your own home!
Plus, it’s actually pretty fun to make. My boys loved helping me put all of the marshmallows on top of the chocolate! And eating it of course!
It’d be a really fun dessert after you play a round of camping charades or really any of these fun camping games. Or just a great addition to a dessert table at a camping birthday party or as a fun dessert for a family movie night!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 2-ingredients – with just two ingredients, this one is about as simple as they come. And best of all, you likely have those ingredients in your pantry already if you’re a s’mores lover like me!
- Fast – this one only takes a few minutes to make and if you let it cook too long, it’ll burn. So it really can only take a few minutes!
- Ooey gooey – the baked chocolate and toasted marshmallow together really give you that perfect s’mores flavor without having to break out the fire pit or make a campfire.
- Chocolate chips – while I find milk chocolate chips are the easiest to use, you could also use milk chocolate bars, chocolate chunks, chocolate melts (aka wafers), or baking chocolate that’s been chopped into small chunks.
- Marshmallows – I recommend using regular sized marshmallows but if you don’t have those and still want to make this smores dip, you could use mini marshmallows or jumbo marshmallows cut in half. (Just use the marshmallow halves just like the regular size marshmallows.) The mini ones won’t look as pretty as the large marshmallows, but they’ll work fine. Just don’t try to substitute marshmallow fluff, it’s not the same!
- Graham crackers – I know I said this was a 2-ingredient dip and it is, but you will need something to dip into the dip unless you’re just going to eat it with a spoon. I included graham crackers for obvious reasons but you could really dip anything that you might dip into this brownie batter dip or another dessert dip. I’ve included some ideas at the end of this post.
How to Make S’mores Dip
This easy s’mores dip is called easy for a reason! There are really just a few steps and a few simple ingredients standing between you and this yummy dessert recipe! It doesn’t take a long time at all so make sure to wait to make this until you’re pretty close to ready to eat this!
First things first, start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
Now sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly in the bottom of a 9″ cast-iron skillet or 9″ cake pan, making sure to cover the entire bottom of the pan. You want a good thick layer of chocolate chips.
Next, top with marshmallows so you have one single layer of marshmallows. Press the marshmallows down onto the chocolate chips just slightly. This is an easy way to make sure the two really melt together well in the next step.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown and they look like toasty marshmallows.
When the marshmallows are golden brown, remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes so the chocolate will melt completely. Make sure to use an oven mitt anytime you touch the pan because it’s going to be hot!
Serve warm with crunchy graham crackers or your favorite dipping items so that you can enjoy the melty chocolate and gooey marshmallows like a s’more is supposed to be enjoyed, just in dip form!
What to Dip in S’mores Dip
The big question everyone always asks is what do you dip in s’mores dip? S’more are typically a standalone thing so it’s a good question. Luckily, it has an easy answer.
You can really dip whatever you want in this s’mores dip. Think about what you might dip in chocolate fondue or what you might eat covered in chocolate.
Some of our favorite dippers include:
- Graham crackers (obviously)
- Teddy Grahams
- Vanilla Wafers (aka vanilla wafer cookies)
- Fresh fruit – strawberries, bananas, and apples are all great
- Salty items like pretzels, potato chips, pretzel crisps
- Sturdy cookies like shortbread cookies, peanut butter cookies, and toffee cookies
Make this more or less right before you’re ready to eat it. It’s best served hot or at least warm, although it’s still tasty at room temperature.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. You’ll want to remove them from the cast iron pan as soon as you’re done so you can clean out the leftover mess. When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, place them back into the cast iron pan (or baking dish) and place back in a cold oven, heat the oven to 350 degrees, and when it reaches 350 degrees remove from the oven and enjoy. This will warm everything back up to the temperature you enjoyed it at originally without over toasting the marshmallows. Leftovers should last for up to three days.
Try different varieties. Mix it up by using dark chocolate or try using colored marshmallows for different holidays like Easter or Christmas. Or change up the chocolate chips and use Reese’s peanut butter cups instead. There are so many different options – try a new one at your next party!
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use any other oven safe baking dish or cake pan. The cast iron is best for melting the chocolate evenly and it keeps the heat in longer after the dip is cooked, but another dish or oven safe bowl will work in a pinch.
Bake smores dip until the marshmallows are toasted on top, typically around seven minutes. Watch it closely because they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly.
More Delicious Dips
Dessert dips are my jam and these are some of my favorites that you should try after you make this easy s’mores dip!
- Dunkaroo dip – a delicious funfetti cake dip that tastes just like the stuff that comes with Dunkaroos!
- Cannoli dip recipe – a sweet and creamy dip that tastes like the filling in chocolate chip cannolis!
- Strawberry dip – a dessert dip that tastes like strawberry shortcake minus the shortcake!
- Orange fruit dip – a cream cheese fruit dip with orange juice and delicious citrus flavor!
- Hot chocolate dip – this sweet chocolate dip went viral on TikTok for a reason, it’s creamy, chocolatey, and irresistible!
- 3 cups milk chocolate chocolate chips (semi-sweet may also be used)
- 10 ounces large marshmallows (enough to fill the pan)
- graham crackers and other dipping items (fruit, cookies, pretzels, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly in the bottom of a 9" cast-iron skillet or 9" cake pan, then top with marshmallows. Press the marshmallows down onto the chocolate chips.3 cups milk chocolate chocolate chips, 10 ounces large marshmallows
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- When the marshmallows are golden brown, remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes so the chocolate will melt completely.
- Serve warm with graham crackers or your favorite dipping items such as fruit, cookies, or pretzels.graham crackers and other dipping items
Tips & Notes:
If you like this s’mores dip and are looking for s’more ways to support my site, keep reading because I’m super excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program, a great way to support creators like me!
The Thank with Google program is an experimental feature that allows readers like you to show s’more support and appreciation by purchasing a virtual sticker to support me! Virtual stickers can be purchased at the top of posts, bottom of posts, and in the sidebar.
You can simply choose the virtual sticker you like the most and add a personal note with your paid sticker so I know which content you appreciate the most (and what I should create more of!).
If you've read many of my posts, you know I appreciate creativity and Thank with Google gives you a fun and creative way to connect with and support me - I hope you’ll try it out!
Leave a Comment