You won’t believe how delicious and easy to make these TikTok cinnamon rolls are! With minimal effort, you can have delicious cinnamon rolls right at home using super simple ingredients. This viral TikTok cinnamon roll hack is almost too good to be true, but trust me it will become your new go-to breakfast recipe.
I am always skeptical of any viral Tiktok recipes, you just never know if they are going to work or if it’s completely made up. Apparently, TikTok really wanted me to try this viral hack because I kept seeing these delicious treats come through my feed and figured I had to give it a go.
Let me just say I am so glad I did! This has been a game-changer for me. I love making homemade cinnamon rolls (I even have a recipe for bacon cinnamon rolls), but it is just so time-consuming.
There are times when I want a good cinnamon roll without having to wait two hours for the dough to rise. These viral TikTok cinnamon rolls are the perfect solution.
These gooey cinnamon rolls are made from store-bought cinnamon rolls! No need to hand roll the dough or wait for it to rise. Simply pop open the tube, put them in a baking dish with the other ingredients, and bake! It’s that easy.
The best part is the heavy cream absorbs into the rolls and they become perfectly fluffy cinnamon rolls. No more canned cinnamon rolls that are more like a biscuit than a layered roll you can peel apart.
Now you can have tasty baked cinnamon rolls in the same amount of time it’d take to make dough. It really doesn’t get better than that!
Give these gooey Tik Tok cinnamon rolls a try, I promise it will shock you with how yummy these are.
They make the perfect addition to a brunch board, a sweet treat for a bridal shower, or a treat to bring to a holiday brunch. Whatever the occasion, this recipe will be a hit!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick – using this TikTok hack you can have yummy cinnamon buns in less than 45 minutes since they start with a cinnamon roll package! The only other way to get cinnamon rolls in that amount of time is to run to Cinnabon and back.
- Pre-made ingredients – any time I can avoid using extra dishes, I do. By using pre-made cinnamon rolls you not only skip the dishes but also save time and money without compromising on taste! Doesn’t get any better than that. Plus everything you need is really easy to find at any store.
- Versatile – easily adjust the recipe to fit your tastes. Add nuts to the topping or flavor to the icing to make it extra fun. Or top the cinnamon rolls with things like a caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, or even some pumpkin for pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls!
- Cans of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls – I think Pillsbury Grands work the best but this will work with Annie’s or Immaculate as well. You can also use different flavors of cinnamon rolls if you’d like. The one thing to keep in mind is that these have to be actual cinnamon rolls, the ones that pull apart, not the regular Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (not Grands) that don’t roll out.
- Cream cheese – if you want to use the provided icing you can skip this ingredient. However, I would suggest taking the extra time to make it a cream cheese icing, it really takes these to the next level. You can also add in flavoring or zest if you want. This really sets these apart from the other recipes for TikTok viral cinnamon rolls out there.
- Butter – you want to make sure your butter (and cream cheese) are both softened before you work on the frosting so you can get it nice and creamy!
How to make TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
This TikTok cinnamon roll recipe will be the easiest cinnamon rolls you will ever make. Simply pop the can, add the delicious toppings, then bake. It’s that easy.
I did include detailed instructions with pictures for all my visual bakers out there. Or you can skip the pictures and you will find the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
But you may want to look at the pictures just to see how incredible this TikTok cinnamon roll hack really is!
1 – Prep The Cinnamon Rolls
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking pan using a nonstick cooking spray or stick of butter.
Pop open the can of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls and place them in a single layer into the prepared dish. Set aside the icing cans for later.
Next, pour the cup of heavy cream over the raw cinnamon rolls. For best results make sure to pour cream in between each roll. You really want the heavy cream to be all over so it’ll soak into the rolls.
Melt four tablespoons of butter in a small bowl. Then mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon into melted butter and mix until fully incorporated to get your cinnamon roll topping.
Pour the melted cinnamon mixture over the cinnamon rolls, making sure to cover at least the top of all of the rolls. If it’s still a bit thick, you can spread it out using a silicone spatula as well.
2 – Bake the Viral Cinnamon Rolls
Cover the cinnamon rolls with foil and place them in the preheated oven.
Bake cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes, keeping them covered the entire time so they don’t brown too early.
When the rolls are done baking, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool. Warm rolls are the best, but you want to make sure they cool a good amount before you add the icing or it’ll just melt right off!
3 – Make The Icing
While the rolls are baking, prepare the frosting. As I mentioned before, you can enjoy these cinnamon rolls with the included icing, but I prefer a partially homemade cream cheese frosting instead.
Add softened butter and four ounces of cream cheese to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk the softened butter and cream cheese until they are combined.
Mix in the two containers of frosting from the cans of cinnamon rolls. This will still give you that nice cinnamon roll frosting flavor without just tasting like the canned frosting.
Whisk in the powdered sugar until the mix is creamy. Spread the icing mix over the warm cinnamon rolls.
4 – Serve
When cooled slightly, but still warm, serve these simple cinnamon rolls with a glass of milk and a side of extra icing.
For extra fun, make a TikTok of your reaction to trying this popular TikTok cinnamon rolls recipe!
Expert Tips And Storage Info
Add a crunch by throwing in your favorite nut to the sugar-butter mixture that goes on the top of the cinnamon rolls. These would be delicious with some crunchy pecans on top!
Cover with foil as it bakes to ensure that the rolls have time to soak up all the cream without getting too brown on top.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you do refrigerate, I personally like to either let them sit out at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes to warm up or pop them in the oven for a few minutes.
Pouring heavy cream on cinnamon rolls gives the rolls extra liquid to absorb and makes them extra fluffy without having to deal with rise times.
Yes, but try to use milk high in fat. The cream adds a delicious richness that you lose when you take out the fat. My preference would be to use whole milk if you don’t want to use heavy cream.
It could be possible you didn’t cover the rolls completely and the liquid evaporated in the oven rather than getting soaked into the cinnamon rolls.
The TikTok cinnamon roll hack is pouring heavy cream over top of store-bought canned cinnamon rolls to create the fluffy texture and taste of homemade cinnamon rolls.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
If you like easy breakfast recipes, try one of these delicious ideas that would be great for a breakfast or brunch!
- Homemade sausage gravy – this delicious white sausage gravy is perfect over these drop biscuits for a hearty breakfast!
- Hash brown egg cups – the best egg muffins with a hash brown crust, perfect for make ahead breakfasts!
- Breakfast casserole with bread – an easy and delicious breakfast casserole with crunchy bread on top!
- Cream cheese French toast casserole – the best breakfast to feed a crowd!
- Biscuit and gravy pizza – biscuits and gravy in pizza form, so good!
TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 (5 count) cans refrigerated grands cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 icings from pre-made cinnamon rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Put the Grands cinnamon rolls into the prepared baking dish.2 (5 count) cans refrigerated grands cinnamon rolls
- Pour the heavy cream over the cinnamon rolls, make sure to pour a little cream in between each roll.1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl, then mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon.4 Tbsp butter, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the cinnamon, butter, brown sugar mix over the cinnamon rolls.
- Cover the cinnamon rolls with foil and place them in the preheated oven.
- Bake the covered cinnamon rolls for 30 minutes.
- When the rolls are done baking, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- Add softened butter and four ounces of cream cheese to a medium-sized bowl.4 oz cream cheese, 4 Tbsp butter
- Whisk the softened butter and cream cheese until they are combined.
- Mix in the two containers of frosting from the canned cinnamon rolls.2 icings from pre-made cinnamon rolls
- Whisk in the powdered sugar until the mix is creamy.1 cup powdered sugar
- Spread the cream cheese cinnamon roll frosting over the baked cinnamon rolls once completely cooled.
Leave a Comment