This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and ideas are 100% honest and my own. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
If you love cake and ice cream then this chocolate cake shake recipe is perfect for you! One of the yummiest milkshake recipes I’ve ever made!
A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to go visit one of my old college roommates in Chicago. Before my trip I asked one of my good friends from girls camp who is from Chicago for recommendations on things to do and places to eat.
She gave us plenty of different options for real food but as soon as she mentioned that Portillo’s served a chocolate cake milkshake, I knew we would be eating there. Cake + ice cream mixed up together into a cup full of milkshakey goodness? Yep, it was pretty much as good as I could have imagined. And I knew as soon as I tried it that I had to try making one at home to see if it was as yummy at home.
I love eating ice cream with my chocolate cake, so it only makes sense that I love the cake mixed into the ice cream. And if you’re an ice cream + cake lover, you’re gonna love this milkshake too. And you guys, it is the easiest thing ever.
You literally make a milkshake with your favorite kind of Blue Bunny ice cream and then you stir in a piece of chocolate cake. I didn’t even make my own chocolate cake, I just picked up a cake at Walmart when I was buying my Blue Bunny Ice Cream for the shakes. So easy and so delicious.
And if you’re worried that the cake is going to get all soggy, well, it does. But it’s that delicious eat a spoonful of ice cream with your cake kind of soggy, not the gross cereal that sat in milk too long soggy. So toss those worries aside and just try it.
Chocolate Cake Shake
- 3-4 large scoops of your favorite Blue Bunny Ice Cream
- 1 slice chocolate cake
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Make your milkshake like you would normally, by mixing the 3-4 scoops of your favorite Blue Bunny ice cream in a glass with milk. Use more milk if you would like a thinner, more drinkable shake, and use less milk if you want a thicker, spoonable milkshake.
- Break your piece of cake into pieces and add into the milkshake, stirring until just combined.
- Top with chocolate sprinkles (if desired).