These Christmas color by number coloring pages are the perfect Christmas activity for kids! Just print out the pages, give them to kids with coloring supplies, and let them create masterpieces just by matching colors to numbers!
With kids being out of school so long for winter break during the holiday season, I’m always trying to come up with different Christmas activities for them to do so we’re not just sitting around.
There are only so many Christmas games you can play with a family of four.
Last year I shared Christmas coloring pages, Christmas mad libs, and a Christmas word search – this year I thought it would be fun to take it a step further with these Christmas color by number worksheets.
Instead of just coloring whatever color you want, these number sheets guide you in the coloring.
Coloring is always a great way to work on fine motor skills, plus these free printables are great for working on number recognition with kids of all ages. Or just use these color by number coloring pages to keep kids occupied while you get a little last minute wrapping done.
What’s On These Color by Number Pages
There are four different free printable Christmas color by number printables that include various holiday scenes and objects.
The pack that’s available at the bottom of the post includes:
- A stocking (with a little gingerbread man or mouse hanging out of it
- A Christmas tree with lots of Christmas ornaments to color
- A snowman with lots of holiday spirit
- Santa Claus’ reindeer
Each of the pages also includes a number block or answer key that shows the different colors that need to be colored in.
I included the colors I personally would use to color the pictures but if kids want to choose their favorite festive Christmas color instead, totally fine as well! There’s not really a correct answer to these, they’re just supposed to be a fun Christmas color activity for the kiddos.
How to Use These Printable Color by Number Pages
Give out the printable pack of pages along with any sort of coloring materials to the kids who will be coloring them. If you’re doing this with older kids, I recommend including options like colored pencils and even paints if you want.
For young children, crayons and maybe markers will be your best bet. Just make sure that you have all of the colors available that are required on the coloring sheets.
Then whoever is coloring these should color the spaces with a particular number the corresponding color according to the color key at the top of the page. If #1 is a light blue color (like on the snowman), they would color all #1s on that particular coloring page a light blue.
Keep going until all of the spaces are colored in, and you’ll have a fun coloring page for the Christmas season!
Cut off the “answer key” that shows the final picture before giving these to older children so they don’t know what it should look like. You could really cut it off for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend it for older children. It’s more fun to not know what the final picture looks like before you start!
More Free Christmas Printables
If you like these free Christmas color by number pages, here are some more great activity ideas for Christmas time – plus they are include a free download!
- Christmas i-spy – kids can try their best to find the correct number of Christmas items in these fun activity sheets! They’re the perfect way to give kindergarten students all the way through middle school a simple holiday activity to do!
- Christmas carol game – this Christmas carol matching game is so much fun! Match the Christmas carol to the lyric from the song!
- Roll a Christmas tree game – this dice Christmas game is super fun for this time of year because kids can use the dice to try and decorate their very own paper Christmas tree!
- Christmas lights hunt – this easy activity is great to print and take with you when you go look at Christmas lights!
- Christmas bingo – these fun Christmas bingo cards are great for any age from younger children to adults – just match the Christmas images on your board for a win!
want more fun kids activities?
Download the Christmas Coloring Sheets
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF, and you will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes and you’ll be added to my email list to receive more fun coloring pages in the future.
If you would prefer to not provide your email, you can purchase a copy in my shop here.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you do not see the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
Leave a Comment