This easy English muffin pizza recipe is the perfect lunch, snack, or dinner for a busy family! Start with delicious and fresh English muffins then let everyone choose their own toppings for a meal that’s sure to please everyone including the kids!
While this post is sponsored by Bays® English Muffins, all ideas and opinions are 100% honest and my own.
You all know that I love parties. One of my favorite things to do for food is to set up a make your own pizza party.
There’s no easier way to do this than by having them make their very own English muffin pizza – way easier than making pizza on traditional dough! And bonus, it’s perfect for everyone in the family, even toddlers!
We did a little pizza party this weekend with my family and it literally took minutes to make the mini English muffin pizzas and everyone devoured them!
Basic English Muffin Pizza Recipe
It really doesn’t get much easier than making English muffin pizzas but here’s the basic idea – you’ll want to customize to your own family’s personal preferences!
Pick up all of your toppings at the grocery store. You’ll find Bays English Muffins in the dairy case to keep them at maximum freshness!
When you’re ready to start making your pizzas, take the English muffins out of the fridge. They’re already pre-sliced so just pop the individual slices into the toaster for 2-3 minutes to toast.
Once toasted, add your sauce, toppings, and cheese. Always cheese last so you can get that nice melty cheese flavor.
Put in the oven and broil until all that cheese gets a nice golden brown.
And that’s it – so easy to make and a great option for all ages and taste buds.
You can watch the video below to see how easy these are to make and how yummy they each look!
English Muffin Pizza Toppings
One of the best parts of making the pizzas is picking out your own favorite toppings! These are four of my favorite topping combinations but the sky’s the limit!
Four Cheese English Muffin Pizza Recipe
This is definitely my kiddo’s favorite. He’s a huge fan of cheese only pizzas, so I combined four different cheeses to make one cheesy masterpiece!
I’m guessing this or the pepperoni pizza will be the favorite English muffin pizza for kids and toddlers!
For this four cheese English muffin pizza, you’ll need:
- Olive oil + garlic powder for your “sauce”
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded white cheddar cheese
- Shredded muenster cheese
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Pepperoni English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Another kid (and adult) favorite! This one combines the classic toppings of pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, just like in my family’s classic pizza loaf recipe!
For the pepperoni version you’ll need:
- Tomato sauce + Italian seasoning (or your favorite pre-made pizza sauce)
- Mozzarella cheese
Sicilian English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Now let’s talk about a bit more adult English muffin topping combination! I don’t honestly remember when we started making pizzas with these toppings, but it’s become a favorite of my husband and mine.
And the easy English muffin version is perfect if you’re looking for quick snacks (or a fast dinner).
This more adult friendly english muffin includes:
- Kalamata olives (or you can use black olives if you prefer)
- Mozzarella cheese
Sweet & Salty English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Last but not least, what I like to call our sweet and salty pizza. It’s kind of like a dessert because of the sweet combination but we make this fig pizza all the time for dinner too because of the salty prosciutto on top!
It’d also work well with one of these sweet girly baby shower themes!
This is what we use for this combination but if you don’t love goat cheese like we do, you could always substitute another cheese instead.
- Fig marmalade
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Sliced pear
English Muffin Pizza Party Tips
While we love to do English muffin pizzas just for a kid-friendly dinner or lunch, they’re also perfect for
If you’re planning to do an English muffin pizza party, here are a couple tips to know before you get started!
- You can broil the English muffins in the oven instead of using the toaster to toast them BUT they do get crispier if you toast them individually. It takes a few minutes longer but toasting them is my personal preference!
- Toast an entire sheet pan of English muffins and let people top them directly on the pan. Then broil the entire sheet pan at once – so much faster than trying to do things individually.
- Buy enough Bays English muffins. I thought we’d bought too many but they’re small so the kids ate 2-3 each and adults ate even more.
- Put out a plethora of ingredients – you’ll be surprised by how creative people get!
- Don’t get distracted by people while the pizzas are broiling – we burnt a couple because I got lost in conversation.
English Muffin Pizza FAQs
As we cooked a couple of sheet pans of these English muffin pizzas this weekend, we came across a few tips and tricks for cooking them! If you have any other questions, leave me a comment and I’ll do my best to respond as quickly as possible!
Can you freeze English muffin pizzas?
You can definitely freeze the English muffins themselves. Freezing depends on what kind of toppings you use since some freeze better than others. Some pizza toppings that’ll freeze better than others are plain ones like:
- Four cheese
- Meat lovers
- Pesto with cheese
Others such as the sweet and salty pizza I mentioned above won’t freeze nearly as well, so I’d recommend eating those fresh. If you do freeze the pizzas make sure to freeze in an airtight container.
For cooking from frozen, I recommend removing from the freezer and allowing to thaw before cooking. Then our favorite way to reheat any kind of pizza, including these pizza sliders, is to:
- Put the pizzas onto a pizza stone and place the pizza stone into a cold oven.
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees and allow the pizzas to warm up with the oven.
- Once the oven is heated to 350 degrees either remove the pizzas if they’re fully warmed or watch them for another 3-5 minutes until they meet your heat preferences.
How to cook English muffin pizza in the oven?
Follow the instructions in the recipe card below! I recommend toasting first then broiling rather than baking in the oven to make them as easy as possible. If you’re baking from frozen, use the instructions listed above.
You could also totally make these in a toaster oven – simply toast the English muffin first then use the broil feature on the toaster oven to do the exact same thing as the regular recipe!
How to cook English muffin pizzas in the microwave?
I just don’t recommend this one. English muffin pizzas are best when the muffin itself is crispy and microwaves just don’t make things crispy. So unless you want a soggy English muffin pizza, skip the microwave. The toaster + broiler is literally just as fast.
How to make English muffin pizzas not soggy?
If you follow my recipe with toasting the English muffin pizzas and then broiling them – the pizzas should come out crispy. If you skip the toasting or go with a microwave version instead, you’ll end up with a soggy muffin. And that’s just gross.
What should I do with leftover English muffins?
If you bought a few too many, you can either put them back in the refrigerator (if you’ll be using soon) or freeze them! Then when you’re ready, check out the Bays English Muffins Facebook page for yummy ways to use them!
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 6 Bays English Muffins toasted
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup fig marmalade
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded muenster cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 9 artichokes hearts quartered
- 6 kalamata olives halved
- 12 capers
- 6 slices pears thinly sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto torn into 12-18 strips
For all English muffin Pizzas
- Toast English muffins in toaster or toaster oven until lightly browned.
- Add toppings per specific recipes below.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Broil on high until cheese is lightly golden and prosciutto is crisp.
Four Cheese Pizza - 3 Pizzas Total
- Top three toasted muffin halves with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Top with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/3 of the shredded parmesan, 1/3 of the shredded white cheddar, 1/3 of the shredded muenster, then finish with another 1/8 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
Pepperoni Pizza - 3 Pizzas Total
- Mix tomato sauce and Italian seasoning together. If you have time, heat on the stove for 5-10 minutes to let flavors mix together.
- Top three toasted muffin halves with 1 TBS of the tomato sauce.
- Top each muffin with four slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Sicilian Pizza - 3 Pizzas Total
- Top three toasted muffin halves with 1 TBS pesto.
- Add three quartered artichokes, four kalamata olive halves, and 4 capers to each.
- Add 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella then finish with 2-3 strips of prosciutto.
Sweet & Salty Pizza - 3 Pizzas Total
- Top three toasted muffin halves with 1 TBS fig marmalade.
- Add 1-2 slices of pear and 1 TBS crumbled goat cheese.
- Top with 2-3 strips of prosciutto.