These fun pumpkin shaped pizza ideas are a fun way to enjoy a yummy dinner for Halloween! Simply grab some pizza dough (or make your own), toppings, and let imaginations get creative as you decorate your very own pumpkin pizzas!
I combined my two loves in these mini pumpkin pizza decorating ideas made for a pretty fantastic family night last week, and I hope you try it out too!
Similar to my make your own mini pizza party idea, this is a fun family activity that would be perfect for dinner on Halloween night or really any fall family meal since pumpkins are in season all fall long! I’d say it’s something that should be on every fall bucket list!
These would also make great Halloween party ideas whether you’re serving dinner or just serving snacks! Mini pizzas (and mini calzones) are definitely snacks to me!
- Pizza dough – you can make your own homemade pizza dough, buy pizza dough (I love Whole Foods!), or even just use flatbreads like I did with these buffalo chicken roll-ups if you want. The idea is still the same of being able to decorate the crust like a pumpkin.
- Pizza sauce – use canned sauce, homemade sauce, whatever works. I like to do a light layer of sauce on each of the pumpkins so that the pumpkins still keep their orange coloring rather than the red sauce bleeding through.
- Pizza toppings – I’ve included some ideas of ingredients you can use and decoration ideas in this post but feel free to get creative! Just like with pumpkin decorating, the sky is the limit on how you can make your pumpkin faces!
How to Make A Pumpkin Pizza
Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees. That’ll bake your pizza crusts quick while still giving you a nice crust!
Once your pizza dough is ready to go, roll out small circular crusts.
When I’m making mini pizzas, I like to do them directly on our baking stone or a baking sheet so that there is less transferring of the pizza, and I recommend you do the same. You can also put a piece of parchmnet paper on top of the pizza stone if you’re worried about them sticking!
And don’t worry about if they’re not perfect circles, pumpkins aren’t. You could even try to do an actual pumpkin shaped pizza when you’re rolling it out but honestly just a circle is great!
Once the dough is rolled out, set out your favorite pizza toppings and let your family go to town with their pumpkin decorating.
You can see some of the ideas that my family did below including a mummy pizza (for my son who didn’t want cheddar cheese), and a number of different pumpkin faces!
I think my favorite is the one-eyed pumpkin monster, but they all turned out cute.
After everyone has decorated their pumpkins, throw them in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the dough is cooked.
Then enjoy your yummy pumpkin feast. I know we did. I still can’t believe how little my son looks in this picture from six years ago when we had our first pumpkin pizza party! Now my youngest is even older than this!
Use English Muffins like I did with these English muffin pizzas if you’re short on time! They’re already round and don’t need to bake as long!
Add the basil after they bake if you don’t like crunchy basil! It’s a quick thing to add to the pizza right as you take it out of the oven!
Store leftover pizzas in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days then trash. Reheat by putting in a cold oven on a baking sheet, turning the oven to preheat to 350 degrees, and letting the pizzas heat with the oven!
Get enough dough for everyone to make two mini pizzas. I can almost guarantee they’ll want to try out different designs because it’s so fun! It’s kind of like making your own monster cookie sandwiches!
If you don’t want to make your own, you can typically buy pumpkin shaped pizzas across the country at different pizza chains including Papa Murphy’s, Papa Johns, and others either near or on Halloween.
More Halloween Eats
If you like this pumpkin pizza idea, you’ll love these other fun Halloween snacks!
- Spider web pretzels – these sweet and salty spider snacks make great Halloween party ideas!
- Halloween rice krispie treats – a candy filled Halloween version of this a classic treat!
- Candy corn pudding cups – three layers of delicious pudding that look just like a candy corn treat!
- Caramel apple toppings bar – the best way to make caramel apples this fall, great for a Halloween party!
- Halloween punch – this fun zombie like punch would be a great way to finish off your Halloween meal!
Pumpkin Pizza Decorating Ideas
- 1 ball Pizza dough
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 4 oz Shredded cheddar cheese (orange) or mozzarella
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Basil or green pepper
- Other pizza toppings as desired
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll dough into four small crusts. Top with pizza sauce.1 ball Pizza dough, 1 can pizza sauce
- Add toppings to decorate pizzas to look like a pumpkin pizza.4 oz Shredded cheddar cheese (orange), 1/4 cup sliced black olives, Basil, Other pizza toppings as desired
- After everyone has decorated their pumpkins, place them on a pizza stone or baking sheet and bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.