Looking for a delicious pumpkin dessert? This pumpkin crunch cake recipe is easy to put together, only takes a few ingredients, and is one of the most delicious pumpkin desserts ever! It’s great for a fall festival, Halloween party, or to replace or compliment your pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving!
What is Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
One of the best things about getting married is gaining a whole new family in your in-laws. And with in-laws come all sorts of new traditions, new experiences, and new recipes. This pumpkin crunch cake is one of those new recipes, and it is absolutely delicious. My family was never huge on pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, we were more a striped delight family. I’m happy to now have a yummy go-to pumpkin dessert for the fall lineup!
My in-laws call this Kauai Krunch Kake, but I don’t particularly like that name so I’m calling it pumpkin crunch cake. There’s layers of pumpkin, layers of crunch, and it uses a cake mix – pumpkin crunch cake!
How to Make This Pumpkin Crunch Cake
You mix the pumpkin + spice togethers, top with cake mix, top with nuts, top with melted butter, and bake. And I know we all like to be a bit healthier, but don’t even think about skipping the melted butter step or else you’ll end up with just a bunch of cake mix on top of the pumpkin rather than cake. I should know, I’ve done that at least once.
Once it’s done, serve with fresh vanilla ice cream or whipped cream! It really couldn’t be any simpler. If you want a version with no nuts, it won’t have that same crunch, but you can do it. Just omit the layer of nuts from the mix.
Don’t forget to pin this pumpkin crunch cake recipe for later!
Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe
This Pumpkin crunch cake recipe is one of the best pumpkin recipes out there! It’s easy to make, quick to mix up, and one of our favorite pumpkin desserts ever. Simply mixed canned pumpkin with cake mix and a few other ingredients for one great fall dessert!
- 29 oz can of Libby's (or similar) Pure pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and milk together. Pour batter into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top of the pumpkin mixture then pat down gently.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of cake mix then pat down gently.
- Pour melted butter over top of cake making sure to cover all of the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.