Ravioli with ham and peas in a creamy garlic butter sauce makes a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love! Simply toss together frozen ravioli, leftover ham, frozen peas, and the garlic cream sauce for one yummy dish!
We received a Niman Ranch ham from Perdue Farms as part of my Perdue Farms ambassadorship for this post. This post also contains affiliate links. If you purchase via these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
One of my favorite traditions about Easter is normally gathering together with family and friends to enjoy a ham, homemade rolls, and scalloped potatoes (or these twice baked potatoes).
This year with things a little different than in the past, we’ll still be eating ham, but we won’t be eating nearly as much on actual Easter Sunday, so my husband and I have been brainstorming ways to use leftover ham that don’t just feel like eating ham sandwiches all week long.
And I can only eat these ham and cheese empanadas for so long.
This ravioli with a creamy garlic butter sauce is a recipe that we’ve been making for years! In the past we’ve made it with crispy bacon or prosciutto but we tried it with ham for the first time this past week, and the ham was even better!
It’s the perfect way to use leftover ham from Christmas or Easter!
Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce Ingredients
One of the things I love most about this ravioli dish is that it just takes a few ingredients that come together quickly. Here’s everything you need for the recipe!
- 1 pound stuffed pasta – we prefer ravioli but if you don’t have ravioli at home something like tortellini would work just fine too. We used four cheese ravioli, would also be great with this sweet spaghetti sauce!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter – make sure it’s salted, otherwise you need to add salt to the dish
- 2 cloves garlic – fresh garlic, it is a garlic cream sauce after all
- 1/2 cup chicken broth – we actually use chicken bone broth but chicken broth works just the same
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup diced ham – we used this Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked ham that was absolutely delicious! Same one we used for this ham and cheese breakfast casserole.
- 1 cup frozen peas – thaw them to room temperature before cooking
- Parmesan cheese – garnish with either grated or shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make the Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce
This is one of the easiest recipes ever – on the table in under 30 minutes, maybe even less! Make sure to read the recipe card at the bottom of this post for specific details, measurements, timing, etc. for the recipe. This is just a basic outline of how easy is to to make!
1 – Cook your pasta.
Cook your ravioli according to the package instructions then strain. The goal will be to time it so that your pasta is ready about the same time as your sauce is done so you can add the pasta right into the sauce.
2 – Make the garlic cream sauce.
Melt butter in a pan and add your garlic.
Add the chicken broth and deglaze then add in your cream. This will make the base of your creamy garlic butter sauce.
3 – Add the peas and ham.
Add in your thawed peas and diced ham then bring the sauce to simmer and simmer until thickened. This helps to flavor the ham and peas while also thickening the sauce.
4 – Add the pasta.
Add your ravioli or other stuffed pasta directly to the sauce and stir to coat.
5 – Serve hot with parmesan.
Serve the pasta hot and topped with parmesan, making sure to get plenty of the sauce, ham, and peas with the pasta when you plate it!
Ravioli with Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce
- 1 lb ravioli
- 2 TBS salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, make your cream sauce.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Once melted, add garlic to pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pan for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and stir.
- Add the ham and peas and stir.
- Bring the sauce to a rolling simmer and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Strain the pasta and add to the sauce, stir to combine.
- Serve hot garnished with parmesan cheese.
- If you don't have ravioli, substitute another stuffed pasta like tortellini instead.
- Chicken bone broth can be used in place of the chicken broth
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
If you’re a fan of pasta, you’ll love these other yummy recipes!
- Spinach and artichoke pasta
- Sweet spaghetti sauce
- Best ever strawberry spinach salad
- Gnocchi sorrentina
- Homemade egg noodles