This St. Patrick’s Day i-spy printable is a fun way to celebrate the holiday in an easy way! Just print out the game and see how quickly you can find all of the St. Patrick’s Day inspired items on the page!
My grandma got my boys a subscription to Highlights Magazine for Christmas this year and one of their favorite things in the magazine is the hidden pictures section.
They get through them quickly and are always asking for more, so I thought I’d create a St. Patrick’s Day one to put at the end of their St. Patrick’s Day scavenger hunt this year!
How to Do an i-Spy
I used to think that these i-spy sheets were self-explanatory, but I’ve actaully had a number of people ask what to do with them.
So here you go – quick instructions for using an i-spy page!
- Print one page per person.
- Give each person a writing utensil of some sort.
- Search for the items on the sheet – the number next to each of the images is the number of that particular item you need to find.
- When you find something, circle it. When you find all of an item, cross that item out.
And that’s it – so easy and kids LOVE them!
Make it a Game
I’m all about making everything into games and competitions so if that’s your thing, here are a couple of simple ways to turn this into more of a game than just an activity page.
- Race to finish the page – the first person to find everything wins a small prize!
- Do a relay – split into teams and place one page per team on one side of the room and the team on the other. One person runs up and finds an item then runs back to their team. The next teammate goes and the next, continuing to find items until all of them have been found. This is also a great way to to a get in a little exercise!
- Who can find it first – cut up a copy of the sheet, place all of the items (just one of each item, not all of the items) on a bag. Pull out one of the items and see who can find one of those on the page first. Or who can find all of those on the page first.
Laminate the page and use dry erase markers. Then one person can do it, erase it, and someone else can try. Or you can put it away to bring out again next year!
Print out additional i-spy pages for when the kids finish this one. I can almost guarantee they’ll ask for more! I can also guarantee they won’t care if it’s a Christmas i-spy or Thanksgiving i-spy, as long as they can look for items! I have a bunch in my shop here as well!
More St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- Leprechaun scavenger hunt – kids will love looking for all of these leprechaun inspired items! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Guess the Rainbow – all you need for this fun game is this rainbow game printable and a bag of Skittles!
- Lucky Dice – roll the dice and do your best to avoid the unlucky one of you’re out! This game is family-friendly, super easy, and super fun!
- St. Patrick’s Day bingo – a colorful St. Patrick’s day inspired rendition of everyone’s favorite bingo!
- Pot of gold games – can you get the gold in the pot while blindfolded? How about rolling a rainbow? Three fun St. Patrick’s Day games for kids!
- St. Patrick’s Day word search – a fun printable St. Patrick’s Day word search PDF for kids to celebrate!
Looking for more PRINTABLE GAMES?
Download the i-spy sheet
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you’d rather not provide your email, you can get a copy in my shop here.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you do not see the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
The file will include:
- One-page St. Patrick’s Day i-spy sheet