Make this fun vampire craft with popsicle sticks at your next Halloween party as a great Halloween activity for kids! They’re simple to make, inexpensive, and will keep kids entertained between all the Halloween games and treats!
Today continues with my series of simple Halloween crafts! I’ve already shared a popsicle stick Frankenstein craft, a Halloween bat craft made with popsicle sticks, and most recently, a popsicle stick witch craft!
So it only seems fitting that today I share how to make a cute vampire craft with popsicle sticks! He’s almost as cute as this vampire paper bag craft I shared last week!
I love making simple crafts with my boys during the Halloween season because they’re obsessed with Halloween decorations and crafts in our house turn into decorations every time!
For me, decorations are more like this DIY black flame candle, but for them – anything they touched should be hung up as decor somewhere!
And I love making Halloween popsicle stick crafts because they’re cheap, easy, and just a lot of fun to put together!
Why You’ll Love This Craft
- Inexpensive – when you’re planning out a craft for a lot of students, kids at a kids Halloween party, or even just your own kids, I get that cost is a huge factor! This popsicle stick craft idea is about as cheap as it gets with just the use of craft sticks, paper, and googly eyes!
- Free template – if you want your finished crafts to look kind of like mine, I’ve included a free vampire face template at the bottom of this post that you can download to make your own dracula craft!
- Easy – there’s nothing to making these! It’s just glue, cut, and glue some more! Perfect for doing with kids who need something simple!
- Glue – I recommend using hot glue to glue the craft sticks together. You can do this before you even turn the craft over to the kids to make their own witch or you can let them help with the gluing process. Alternately, you could also use craft glue or white glue with young children – it’ll just take longer to dry. I also recommend a glue stick for gluing the hair to your witch so it stays better.
- Popsicle sticks – you’ll want to use wider popsicle sticks or crafts sticks like these ones that are at least .75 inches wide. The thinner ones work fine, but you’ll need to glue more together to get the right size of the vampire for the template.
- Googly eyes – I recommend using the large self-adhesive versions like these ones but you could just glue them on yourself if they don’t have a self-adhesive back. Hot glue, white glue, or craft glue is the perfect way to glue the non-adhesive ones on.
- Template – you can download the free Dracula face template here or at the bottom of this post.
- Paper – I always recommend paper that’s a little bit thicker, especially for the ears and hair that aren’t completely resting on the popsicle sticks. Construction paper and card stock both work great!
How to make This Vampire Popsicle Stick Craft
One of the best parts about this cute Halloween craft is how easy it is! I’ve included step by step instructions below as well as a video walking you through the process, but it really is simple!
Start by gluing five of your popsicle sticks together. Then break another stick in half and glue the two halves to the back of the other popsicle sticks, one toward the top and one toward the bottom.
Next you’re going to cut out the printed out Dracula face template with scissors. Or if you’d rather, you can skip this step and just trace the face onto your colored paper instead!
Place the cut out pieces on top of your colored paper and either trace around then cut the pieces out or just cut them out without tracing. As long as you get the general shapes and idea, the cut outs don’t have to be perfect!
Carefully glue the pieces onto the popsicle sticks you glued together earlier. I like to glue everything but the ears on the front of the vampire! The ears can be glued on the back so they stick out nicely!
Finish off this fun vampire craft by hot gluing (or using other glue) the googly eyes underneath the eyebrows! And that’s it – you’re done! I told you these were some simple Halloween crafts!
Setup a station for kids to make these (or any of the other Halloween crafts on my site) at your next Halloween party as something interactive but not crazy to do between playing Halloween games and enjoying all the Halloween treats!
More Halloween Craft Ideas
If you like this fun vampire popsicle stick craft, make sure to check out these other easy kids crafts while you’re at it!
- Halloween punch game – kids will love helping to make and play this fun ghostbusters game!
- Tombstone craft – this cute Halloween tombstone craft uses more popsicle sticks in a really fun way!
- DIY boo tags – these cute boo tags are one of the easiest Cricut paper projects and so cute too!
- Fluffy ghost craft – cotton ball ghosts made in minutes, perfect for kids of all ages!
- Hocus Pocus bookmarks – a fun and functional craft idea inspired by everyone’s favorite witches!
Vampire Popsicle Stick Craft
- 6 large craft sticks
- 1 vampire face template
- 1 piece black paper
- 1 piece red paper
- 1 piece white paper
- 1 large googly eyes
- Start by gluing five of your popsicle sticks together. Then break another stick in half and glue the two halves to the back of the other popsicle sticks, one toward the top and one toward the bottom.6 large craft sticks
- Next, cut out the printed out Dracula face template with scissors.1 vampire face template
- Place the cut out pieces on top of your colored paper and either trace around then cut the pieces out or just cut them out without tracing.1 piece black paper, 1 piece red paper, 1 piece white paper
- Carefully glue the pieces onto the popsicle sticks you glued together earlier.
- Finish off this fun vampire craft by hot gluing (or using other glue) the googly eyes underneath the eyebrows!1 large googly eyes
Leave a Comment