This cute Frankenstein craft is a great Halloween craft for kids that’s simple to make and adorable too! Make these at Halloween parties, a kid’s craft night, or just when you’re feeling crafty! They’re the cutest monsters you’ll ever make!
Lately I’ve been on a kick with the popsicle stick crafts, especially the Halloween popsicle stick crafts. Maybe just Halloween crafts in general! I’ve already shared a tombstone craft and a Halloween bat craft both made with craft sticks!
And today I’m back with another one – the cutest Frankenstein craft ever! It’s super simple to make, inexpensive, and great for kids to make on their own (with just a teeny tiny bit of adult supervision).
Make these at your next halloween party or just when you want some fun Halloween crafts to try out! I know we’re doing them with my boys for Frankenstein Friday and eating some of these cute Frankenstein Halloween pretzels and chips and Frankenstein guacamole after!
Why You’ll Love This Craft
- Inexpensive – buy a box full of popsicle (craft sticks) and you can have enough to do crafts all through Halloween season! Then everything else is just super cheap items like pipe cleaners, googly eyes, and some paper!
- Cute – let kids create their own facial features (great for developing fine motor skills) and you’ll end up with the cutest little monsters you’ll ever see! Even little kids will figure out a way to make their own Frankenstein!
- Easiest Frankenstein craft – these are so easy to make – it’s literally just gluing, cutting, and drawing! The only craft easier is these puffy ghosts!
- Glue – I recommend using hot glue to glue the craft sticks together. You can do this before you even turn the craft over to the kids to make their own Frankenstein monster or you can let them help with the gluing process. Alternately, you could also use craft glue or white glue with young children – it’ll just take longer to dry. I also recommend a glue stick for gluing the hair to your Frankenstein.
- Craft sticks – I used these fun green craft sticks here. They come in tons of colors and the green ones are perfect for this easy Halloween Frankenstein craft! You could also get regular ones and paint them with green paint, but these are much easier!
- Googly eyes – I recommend using the jumbo self-adhesive versions like these ones but you could just glue them on yourself if they don’t have a self-adhesive back.
- Marker – you also need a black marker. Permanent is best but for young kids, regular marker is fine.
- Pipe cleaner – each craft stick Frankenstein also needs a black pipe cleaner that you can fold, bend, and cut! I just bought a pack of black pipe cleaners like these ones.
- Black paper – something thicker like construction paper or card stock works best.
How to make These Fun Frankenstein Crafts
These Frankenstein popsicle stick crafts are so fun and easy to make. Kids of all ages will have a great time making this friendly Frankenstein craft, and you’ll have lots of fun watching them! It’s honestly pretty easy to figure out but I’m going to share step-by-step instructions just to make sure you know how it works!
Start by cutting one of the craft sticks in half so that you have two even pieces.
Then glue seven of the popsicle sticks together and glue one half of the broken popsicle stick toward the top and one toward the bottom. This will help to keep your monster crafts in place when kids are playing with them later!
Next, cut out Frankenstein’s hair from the black paper and glue it to the top of Frankenstein’s head. I like to cut a thick strip of black paper and then just cut little triangles from it to create the dimension in his hair.
Cut the black pipe cleaner in half. Reserve half for Frankenstein’s mouth and cut the other half in half again for Frankenstein’s eyebrows.
Glue the eyebrows, mouth, and googly eyes in place on top of the popsicle sticks. If the eyebrows are a little too long (it’ll depend on what size pipe cleaners you got), you can always just put them a little shorter and throw away the little bit left.
Finish off the Frankenstein by drawing little stitches and a nose on his face with the black marker, similar to the picture below. I didn’t do a free printable template for this one because I actually really like giving kids some creative freedom to make Frankenstein look like they want it to!
I do recommend having a sample ready to go for people to look at but feel free to let kids get creative and use their imagination when gluing on pieces, adding character with the marker, etc.
If I did a Frankenstein craft template, they’d all just look kind of the same. Cute but not as fun as letting kids make their own!
And no matter how they turn out, they’ll still be great! I mean it’s pretty hard to mess this green monster up!
Make a sample beforehand so that kids know what they’re trying to create even if they don’t create something exactly like it. It’s always easier to make something if you know what you’re trying to make.
Glue the popsicle sticks together ahead of time to make this a little easier and quicker!
Cut strips of black paper that are about the right size and thickness then just let kids cut out the hair pieces if again you want this to be a little easier and quicker!
Make it a Frankenstein day! Pick a Friday in October and have a Frankenstein Friday that’s filled with fun Frankenstein ideas like this Frankenstein craft, some Halloween games featuring Frankenstein, and more!
You can get green craft sticks at a lot of craft stores or you can order them in bulk online here.
I do not have a free template for this craft like I do with many of my other kids crafts. I felt like the template was a bit of overkill since you really only need to cut out the hair and that’s pretty fun to let kids make their own!
More Halloween Craft Ideas
Make these tissue paper butterflies along with any of these fun spring ideas!
- Vampire Paper Bag Craft – these fun Draculas are made with brown paper bags and lots of paper! It’s a fun way to have both a Halloween craft and activity in one! And who doesn’t love a good paper bag craft??
- Hocus Pocus bookmarks – a simple felt craft that’s fun for the fall season and for book lovers!
- DIY ghost luminaries – this fun tutorial takes basic white cups and turns them into something absolutely boo-tiful with a little black vinyl or black paint!
- DIY black flame candle – this fun Hocus Pocus inspired candle comes with its own black flame candle printable that’s an instant download template! It the perfect addition to your Halloween window decorations!
- DIY Boo tags – fun boo tags that are made with Cricut paper!
- 7 green craft sticks
- 1 black pipecleaner
- 1 large googly eyes
- 1 piece black paper
- Start by cutting one of the craft sticks in half so that you have two even pieces. Then glue seven of the popsicle sticks together and glue one half of the broken popsicle stick toward the top and one toward the bottom.7 green craft sticks
- Next, cut out Frankenstein’s hair from the black paper and glue it to the top of Frankenstein’s head.1 piece black paper
- Cut the black pipe cleaner in half. Reserve half for Frankenstein’s mouth and cut the other half in half again for Frankenstein’s eyebrows.1 black pipecleaner
- Glue the eyebrows, mouth, and googly eyes in place on top of the popsicle sticks.1 large googly eyes
- Finish off the Frankenstein by drawing little stitches and a nose on his face with the black marker.