This post contains affiliate links, but I only link to things that I use!
If you’ve read my blog for long, you’ll know that I absolutely love the game show Minute to Win It. One of the things I love most about it is that you can incorporate the overall game idea (quick games using household items) into pretty much any theme you want like I did with my Lego Minute to Win It Games.
I was in charge of putting together some games for girls camp and thought it would be fun to play young women’s Minute to Win It, using games I put together using the eight young women values. These could also just be fun and silly party games as well. Either way, it’s a pretty fun young women’s activity idea!
The way we set these games up was to split up our group of 75 young women into teams of 7-8 girls. Each of those teams competed at the same time to see who would come in first, second, etc. in each of the games.
We kept track of the winners of each game and gave our prizes for each individual game at the end of the night. If you only had say 10 girls and wanted to play these things individually, you can easily adapt most of them to work for an individual rather than team.
YW Value Minute to Win It Games
<< Download a Printable List of these Games >>
Blind Faith Toss (White)
Supplies Needed (1 per team):
Discovering your divine nature (Blue)
Supplies Needed (1 per team)
- Definition of divine nature from the personal progress manual – I have inherited divine qualities, which I will strive to develop.
- One balloon per word in the definition (11). I recommend doing different colored balloons for each team, but you can just make sure they keep them separate as well.
- 1 leader
- A confusing phrase, definition, scripture, etc. – make sure this is the exact same for each of the teams
- Figure out 10 scriptures that all have the same unique word in them (so not a, the, and, etc.). If you’d like my list of scriptures, email me. Once you’ve determined your scriptures, print or write out the scripture reference for each of those scriptures, one copy for each of the teams.
- Scriptures (enough for each person or every other person on the team). The scriptures I used all had the common word of knowledge:
- 1 Kings 4:30
- 1 Corinthians 1:21
- D&C 109:7
- D&C 76:9
- Alma 29:8
- Colossians 1:28
- Helaman 15:16
- JS History 1:13
- Daniel 5:11
- Plastic cups (enough so that there are 10+ per team)
- Each slips of paper to put one in each of the plastic cups
- A table or flat surface area
Keep Up the Good Works (Yellow):
- A set of yellow balloons for each team, the number of balloons depends on the numbers of people you’ll have playing. You’ll want at least the # of team members + 2 balloons.
- Sharpie marker
Prep: Setup a start and finish line, approximately 100 yards away from each other. Have teams line up in a straight line with the first person in the line right behind the starting line.
Play: Teams must get their entire team from the starting line (every player must cross it) to the finish line and then back again to the starting line (everyone must cross it on the way back as well). The catch is that after they pass the starting line at the beginning of the game, they must ALWAYS be on a paper plate. They can get as creative as they want in terms of doing piggy back rides, etc. (don’t tell them this), but no one can ever touch the ground. The fastest team to get their team from start to finish and back to start wins.
Prize: Gold candies such as Rolos, Reeses, etc.
Download Game Instructions
Click the button below to download all of the game instructions and details. If you don’t see the button, click here to get the document.
Leave a Comment