These broccoli cheese bites are the perfect quick and easy appetizers, full of veggie and cheesy goodness. Everything you love about a broccoli cheese casserole all in one tiny bite.
When I was growing up, my mom would make us like the same twenty meals all the time. One of those meals was pizza loaf and another was French dip sandwiches with tater tots. A third was a broccoli cheese chicken casserole topped with Ritz crackers. These broccoli cheese bites are a bite-sized version of that casserole. I made them without chicken, but you can add chicken in if you’d prefer to eat them as a meal rather than a side.
Making them is so easy. First, cook your broccoli. Then throw the broccoli in a food processor along with the Ritz crackers, cheese, and egg to mix it all together. Top with some crumbled Ritz crackers. Bake in mini muffin cups for 12-15 minutes and you have yourself bite-sized bites of broccoli and cheese goodness. And so much cuter than a casserole. They were perfect for my game day party last week.
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Cook broccoli.
- Combine broccoli, cheese, 10 Ritz crackers, and egg in a food processor until everything is well combined.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tin until about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with Ritz crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until crackers are slightly browned on top and mixture is fully cooked.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.