These coconut chicken tenders are the perfect way to enjoy a tropical meal without going to the tropics. Made with coconut flour, coconut flakes, and chicken, they’re a great gluten free dinner that can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for an easy meal that everyone will love.
This past weekend I took my family to see the newest Disney movie, Moana. And since the moment we walked out of the theater, my son has been asking if we can go again. And it wasn’t just my preschooler who enjoyed the movie, my husband and I both loved it. Honestly, I can’t remember that last time I liked a movie that much. I felt inspired to become stronger, to pave my own pathway, and to buy a little pig.
If you haven’t seen it yet, go. But don’t blame me if you’re singing the songs for the next five days straight. With help from Hamilton’s own Lin-Manuel Miranda, the soundtrack is phenomenal and really what makes the movie so good. From the kind of silly Shiny (my son’s favorite) to the inspirational How Far I’ll Go, the soundtrack takes you right back to the journey that started in the movie theater.
To give you a glimpse at the fun that awaits, here’s the full video of Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, singing You’re Welcome as Maui. Another fun and quirky song.
Moana Inspired Coconut Chicken Tenders
These coconut chicken tenders are inspired by two main components in the movie – coconuts and chicken. I don’t want to give any spoilers, so I’ll just say the coconut scenes were hilarious. And the chicken? Great comic relief for all ages without being too much and over the top. Serve the coconut chicken tenders with your favorite dipping sauce, this yummy coconut rice recipe, and fresh veggies for the perfect dinner.
You might like these other chicken recipes too!
[riview id=183 num=2000 orderby=title order=asc size=200×200 showtitle=always lightbox=0]
Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders
- 1/2lbchicken tenders
- 3/4cupcoconut flour
- 2cupsshredded sweetened coconut flakes
- Olive oil
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Pour coconut flour into a long shallow dish.
- Mix egg and milk in another long shallow dish.
- Pour coconut flakes into a third long shallow dish.
- Add salt and pepper to coconut flour and mix to combine.
- Salt and pepper chicken tenders on both sides.
- Coat all sides of a chicken tender in coconut flour mixture.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, making sure to coat it thoroughly.
- Coat chicken in coconut flakes, pressing down on the chicken to get the coconut to stick better.
- Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken tenders.
- Drizzle chicken tenders lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked and coconut is toasted, but not burnt.