One of my all-time favorite things to do during the summer is to grill. These balsamic grilled chicken sliders are the perfect grilling recipe for an Independence Day or summer cookout!
Skip the hamburgers, hot dogs, and regular barbecue chicken and try this grilled balsamic chicken sandwiched between a KING’S HAWAIIAN® dinner roll for the perfect juicy slider instead. And if you’re wondering what to eat with balsamic chicken sliders, pretty much anything you’d eat with grilled chicken! Fresh fruit, pasta salad, grilled corn on the cob, or my favorite, fresh strawberry salad.
I’m a sandwich kind of girl, so I was pretty excited a few years ago when the slider trend hit. In my mind, they’re the perfect kind of sandwich – just a bit of meat sandwiched between a yummy roll. I could eat my sandwich along with all of the sides I wanted without getting too full.
For an Independence Day BBQ, I personally think sliders are the way to go because there is normally so much food, people want to try a bit of everything. I picked up everything I needed for a little summer cookout this weekend with my family at Target (of course!) including KING’S HAWAIIAN® Dinner Rolls, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chicken, sides, and dessert to go with my sliders.
Don’t be fooled when you’re looking for the KING’S HAWAIIAN® rolls. They’re not in the typical bread aisle, they’re typically in the bakery section, closer to the produce and gourmet cheeses. Once you know where to look, you can’t miss the signature orange packaging.
Easy Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sliders
Making the sliders is as simple as can be, which gives you more time to celebrate 4th of July with your friends and family rather than being in the kitchen (or at the grill) cooking.
Marinate your chicken and let it sit for a few minutes. Grilled until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and while the chicken is cooking, slice the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Dinner Rolls in half and make a little red, white, and blue fruit salad.
Eat the chicken sandwiched between a dinner roll for the perfect combination of sweet bread with a slightly tangy balsamic flavor. It’s the perfect alternative to your typical hamburgers and hot dogs.
And any KING’S HAWAIIAN® dinner rolls you have leftover, put them in a basket with a red, white, and blue napkin and serve with a little butter. They’re sweet enough that they make a great addition to any meal, whether they’re part of a chicken slider or not.
These sliders are perfect for this upcoming 4th of July weekend. Make sure to pin the recipe so you can find the recipe again when you need it!
This post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN®. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sliders
- 1 12 pack KING'S HAWAIIAN® original dinner rolls , cut in half
- 11/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 boneless , skinless chicken breasts, cut into quarters
- Kosher salt
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, and garlic powder in a plastic bag and mix until well combined.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt then place into bag and toss until well coated.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken on one side for 6 minutes then flip and cook for another 6 minutes on the other side. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked thoroughly inside (no longer pink). Final cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken and how hot your grill cooks. Cut open the thickest chicken breast to confirm completely cooked.
- Remove chicken from grill and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Create sliders by placing one piece of chicken inside the cut KING'S HAWAIIAN® Dinner Rolls.