These banana chocolate chip muffins are the best way to use leftover bananas before they get thrown away! They’re easy to make, full of delicious banana flavor, and can be made with nuts or no nuts! It’s one banana chocolate chip muffin recipe you’ll keep forever!
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
How many times have you been asked do you want chocolate chips added to that? Whether it’s pancakes, waffles, or muffins – the answer is always yes. Add chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or some other form of chocolate to everything! Always.
The chocolate chips in these banana chocolate chip muffins is really what makes these better than all the other banana muffins out there. The chocolate chips + nuts really but if you don’t do nuts then at least stick with the chocolate chips!
This recipe is one that I got from my mom who made these for us all the time growing up. Any time we had leftover bananas we knew that when we got home from school those bananas would be replaced with these banana chocolate chip muffins.
Want to know the funniest thing about that? My mom doesn’t even like bananas. She made these muffins for us and sometimes even eats them (because they taste more like chocolate than bananas) but most of the time she just made them because she knew we loved them.
That’s just how moms are right?
How to Make These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
What to Eat With This Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- Triple berry smoothie bowl
- Egg muffins with hash brown crust
- Easy blueberry compote (this would be so good on top of these!)
- Mint green smoothie
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 3 large ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix all of your ingredients other than the chocolate chips and walnuts in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and walnuts and stir until mixed in evenly.
- Bake in greased muffin tins or with paper baking cups for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Tips & Notes:
Don’t forget to pin these banana chocolate chip muffins for later!