Last year I made the yummiest mini pumpkin cinnamon rolls ever and this year I knew I wanted to try the recipe out again, this time with chocolate. If you like chocolate, then you will absolutely love these mini chocolate sweet rolls. Even my husband, who isn’t a big chocolate fan, ate six.
I’ll make a confession. I was originally going to make apple pie cinnamon rolls because it’s fall and all, but I really don’t love warm apples all that much. And I knew my husband wouldn’t love these because they’re full of chocolately goodness, and I kind of wanted to have them all week long. Well, between my husband and me, they didn’t last more than an hour. Oh well. Good thing they only took like 20 minutes to make, so I can whip up another batch this week just for me.
Now I know you want to see how I made these babies. Seriously, so easy!
Start by melting your chocolate! You can do it however you’d like, but I melt my chocolate in the microwave. Once melted, mix with cream cheese and sugar to create your filling.
Lay out the crescent rolls, cover with chocolate mixture, and roll into a log.
Easy Mini Chocolate Sweet Rolls Recipe
- 1can refrigerated crescent rolls(8 count)
- 1cupsemi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2ozcream cheese, softened
- 2tablespoonswhite sugar
- 1/4cuppowdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare your mini muffin tin by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1/2 cup of your chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir then continue in increments of 15 seconds until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, chocolate chips, and sugar in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Open your crescent rolls and lay out in one large rectangle. Make sure to pinch seams together.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the rolls, leaving about 1/2 inch empty all the way around.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough tightly from one side to the other, forming a "log."
- Using a piece of dental floss, cut 1/2 inch rolls all the way across the dough.
- As you cut the rolls, place each in a separate spot in the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake the rolls for approximately 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown.
- While the rolls bake, melt the remaining chocolate chips.
- Mix melted chocolate chips with powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla to create the glaze.
- Once the rolls are cooked, remove from the muffin tins and allow to cool slightly.
- Frost cinnamon rolls while still warm but not hot.