This easy breakfast casserole with ham and cheese can be made in just minutes using things you likely already have at home! It’s delicious, great for feeding a crowd, and the perfect way to use leftover ham from the holidays!
While this post is sponsored by Perdue Farms, all ideas are 100% honest and my own.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is a good breakfast casserole. There’s just something about combining all things breakfast in one dish that screams comfort food and exactly what we all need every so often.
This ham and cheese breakfast casserole has been one of my favorites for as long as I can remember – ten years maybe?
It’s not only delicious but a great way to use leftover ham and with Easter just around the corner, I’m willing to bet most of us will have some leftover ham to eat. Ham and twice baked potatoes, hopefully.
The thing I love most about this particular casserole is the combination of the crescent roll crust, the fluffy egg mixture, and the salt of the ham. Together it’s just like a great big breakfast sandwich bake.
Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
One of the reasons I love breakfast casseroles is that they’re so easy to put together and take very few ingredients.
You likely already have everything you need for this casserole in your fridge other than maybe the ham. Here’s everything you need!
- Ham – we used leftover Niman Ranch ham, diced up into small bites.
- Eggs – we always prefer to use organic pasture-raised eggs but use whatever you have
- Milk – we prefer grass-fed organic milk but again any milk will do – I do recommend using whole milk if possible
- Shredded cheese – I used shredded Mexican blend but a good cheddar would be delicious as well
- Dried parsley – you could use fresh as well but I’m more likely to have dried so that’s what the recipe calls for
- Crescent roll sheet – if you can’t find a crescent roll sheet, you can use crescent rolls as well – simply pinch them together to make a sheet
- Salt – everything needs a little salt, try to use kosher salt if you have it
If you need a ham for Easter, Niman Ranch has an entire line of hams available in your neighborhood grocery store. The one in the list above is just one of their options.
And just like all other Perdue Farms brands, their hams have no hormones added ever, are fed all-vegetarian feeds, no antibiotics ever, and even certified humane!
Check out everything Perdue Farms has to offer at https://www.perduefarms.com/playpartyplan and get 15% off your entire order! Spend more than $119 and get free delivery to your door PLUS the 15% off!
How to Make this Breakfast Casserole with Ham
Remember how I said making this casserole was super easy? Well, here you go. Four steps and thirty minutes to deliciousness!
1 – Add the crescent roll base.
Open the package of crescent rolls and place them in the bottom of a non-stick baking dish, making sure to line the edges slightly with the crescent rolls – creating a crust for the casserole.
If you don’t line all of the sides with the crescent rolls, you’ll end up with egg underneath the crust, which is nowhere near as tasty.
2 – Combine your egg mixture.
Mix your eggs, milk, shredded cheese, and parsley together until the eggs are beat and everything is well combined.
3 – Add the ham.
Add the ham to the egg mixture and stir until the ham is evenly distributed throughout the egg mixture. You could technically add it in step two, but it makes it a lot more difficult to beat the eggs well.
4 – Pour and bake.
Pour your egg and ham mixture on top of the crescent roll base and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cut into squares then serve hot. Or warm. Or at room temperature.
It’s delicious no matter what time or temperature you serve it! You could even put it in a freezer safe dish and freeze – just toss in the oven to heat back up when you’re ready!
Breakfast Casserole with Ham and Cheese
- 8 oz ham diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 crescent roll sheet
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the crescent roll sheet and roll it out on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish making sure to go up on the ends and sides of the dough.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, cheese, and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Add diced ham and stir until distributed through the egg mixture evenly.
- Pour ham + egg mixture over top of the crescent roll sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are totally set.
- Serve warm.
More Great Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast casserole with bread
- Easy trail mix cookies
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Breakfast egg muffins with hash browns
- Breakfast burek recipe
- Cranberry orange bread