This fun Easter bunny dessert dip is the perfect addition to any Easter dessert table! A creamy and delicious funfetti dip gets turned into an adorable bunny butt with the addition of coconut and M&Ms. It’s a cute Easter dessert everyone will love!
This bunny butt dessert dip combines both of those things into one yummy Easter treat.
Make this strawberry funfetti dip in just a few minutes and impress everyone with your adorable bunny butt treat!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Adorable – it may not be quite as cute as these Easter Oreos, but it’s still pretty darn cute! And Easter deserves cute.
- No-bake dessert – while you do need to heat treat the cake mix (this can be done in the microwave or oven), this is otherwise a completely no-bake dessert, meaning it’s also super easy!
- Simple ingredients – all of the ingredients are easy to find and bonus, they’re aren’t too many of them!
- Sprinkles – the sprinkles are what makes this a funfetti dip! If you want to omit the sprinkles altogether, go for it. It just won’t be as pretty when you dip into the dessert dip. If you do use sprinkles, I recommend using the longer jimmies (rather than the little circles) so they don’t bleed into the mixture.
- Cake mix – I used strawberry because I wanted strawberry funfetti, but you can really use any flavor of cake mix you want. This would work with actual funfetti cake mix or even vanilla cake mix!
- Coconut – if you don’t like shredded coconut, you can get the same bunny look by rolling the dip in powdered sugar or shaved white chocolate instead. I like the shredded coconut look because it looks more like fur, but the others work as well.
- Cream cheese – I always recommend full fat cream cheese in dishes like this that you really taste the richness of the cream cheese. Also, make sure it’s soft before you add it to the cake mix so it blends together nicely.
How to make this easter dessert dip
Before you get started making this dip, make sure to heat treat the cake mix to get rid of any bacteria that might be in the raw flour used in the cake mix.
How to Heat Treat
Raw flour needs to be heated to a temperature of 160F before eating to kill any bacteria that can contain things like e.coli or salmonella. Heat treat in the oven (like I did with my edible cookie dough) by preheating the oven to 350 then spreading out the cake mix on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the temperature of the cake mix reaches 160 degrees then allow the flour to cool completely.
Alternately, you can heat treat in the microwave by placing the cake mix in a microwave safe bowl and heating it in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until the cake mix reaches 160 degrees. This isn’t my preferred method because you can end up with uneven heating, but it works in a pinch.
Once the cake mix is heated, it’s time to make the dip!
To make this cute easter dip, start by mixing cream cheese and cake mix together in a medium bowl using a hand mixer (an electric mixer works as well, it just makes it harder to get everything as creamy).
Mix until the cream cheese and cake mix are smooth and creamy.
Once the first two ingredients are combined, use a spoon to stir in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips until they’re well mixed in.
Then cover the mixture and put it in the fridge to chill for about an hour. This will allow you to form the dough into balls later on.
Take the mixture out of the fridge and separate them into three different sizes – one large ball, two medium balls, and one small ball.
Then form the two medium balls into long triangle shapes to be the bunny feet.
Next roll all of the formed shapes into the shredded coconut. Gently press the coconut into the cake balls as you roll them in the coconut to get them to stick.
Assemble the bunny as shown in the picture with the larger ball on the bottom, the small ball on the top of the larger ball, and the two triangular balls as the feet of the bunny.
Press three pink M&Ms into each of the feet for little bunny pads.
Refrigerate the dip until you are ready to serve it! Then serve with your favorite dippers like graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, Oreos, and even fresh fruit!
Make sure to refrigerate the dip before you try to roll it. You want the cream cheese to be slightly hardened again so it doesn’t just smoosh when you try to roll it.
Refrigerate any leftovers covered in plastic wrap if you want to keep the bunny butt shape. If you don’t care about the shape, you can put it all in an airtight container and just store it as a bowl of dip in the refrigerator.
Any leftovers should be enjoyed within five days, although they don’t typically last that long!
More Easy Easter Treats
If you want more ideas to fill out your Easter dessert table, these yummy Easter treats would all go well with this bunny butt dip!
- Chocolate Easter nests – these delicious chocolate treats look like cute little Easter bird nests!
- Easter bark – this four ingredient Easter bark is not only tasty, it’s adorable too!
- Easter bunny bait – a fun Easter snack mix filled with sweet, salty, and surprises!
- Easter rice krispy treats – these darling Easter rice krispy treats look just like carrots!
- Chocolate covered peeps – even if you don’t like Peeps, you have to try this chocolate covered variety!
Bunny Butt Funfetti Dip
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup multicolored sprinkles
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 7 oz shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 pink m&ms
- dippers like vanilla wafers, graham crackers, fruit
Heat Treat the Cake Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cake mix to the baking sheet and heat in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until the temperature of the cake mix reaches 160 degrees.1 cup strawberry cake mix
Make the Dip
- Mix cream cheese and cake mix together in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until smooth.2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- Stir in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Cover the mixture and put it in the fridge to chill for about an hour.1/2 cup multicolored sprinkles, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Separate the mixture into one large ball, 2 medium balls, and one small ball. Then form the two medium balls into long triangle shapes to be the bunny feet.
- Roll all of the balls into the shredded coconut. Gently press the coconut into the balls.7 oz shredded sweetened coconut
- Assemble the bunny by putting the small ball on top of the large one and the medium triangular shapes on the back of the large ball to make the feet. Press the m&ms into the feet for little bunny pads.6 pink m&ms
- Refrigerate the dip until you are ready to serve it. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, fruit, or your favorite dippers.dippers
Tips & Notes:
- Strawberry cake mix can be replaced with vanilla cake mix or funfetti cake mix
- Shredded coconut can be replaced with powdered sugar or white chocolate swirls
- Rainbow sprinkles can be replaced with any color sprinkles or omitted altogether if using funfetti cake mix that comes with sprinkles already in it