If you like the taste of chocolate chip cookies, you’ll love this simple chocolate chip cookie dough dip! This decadent dip is filled with the flavors of chocolate chip cookies all in an easy to make and even easier to eat dessert dip!
What do you do when you’re craving chocolate chip cookies but don’t want to actually bake cookies? This chocolate chip cookie dough dip is the next best thing to chocolate chip cookies without having to actually bake!
It’s also great if you’re one of those people who loves raw cookie dough but doesn’t want to deal with you know the whole eating raw eggs and raw flour thing.
It’s my new favorite dessert dip (and I like sweet dips) and a great sweet treat option for parties, an after school snack, or anytime you just want something sweet!
So if you need something to kick that cookie dough craving, it’s time to get cooking!
Also, just in case it’s unclear – there is no actual cookie dough in this recipe. It’s called a chocolate chip cookie dough dip because it tastes just like the real thing!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – this easy cookie dough dip is perfect for your next party because it’s literally just mixing a few ingredients together and chilling!
- No bake chocolate chip cookies – this tastes so much like chocolate chip cookies, it’s like having cookies without actually having them! It also makes it really easy to eat just a little bit and fill up on healthy dippers (like fruit) instead.
- Creamy – if you like your dips to be creamy, this is the dip for you. This creamy cookie dough dip starts with butter and cream cheese giving it that nice, smooth, and creamy taste. Perfect for dipping with crunchy dippers like pretzels!
- Chocolate chips – I like to use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips like I use in my chocolate chip cookies, but you could use really any of your favorites – milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, even peanut butter chips if you’d prefer to go that route. It’ll change the flavor somewhat but still taste great! Oh you can also use mini chocolate chips if you prefer but I personally like the normal size ones over the mini chips.
- Brown sugar – you can use either light or dark brown sugar, it really doesn’t matter. If you don’t have brown sugar, you could also use granulated sugar but it will change the flavor slightly.
- Cream cheese – make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature before you try to make this. It needs to be soft and creamy to mix with the butter well.
- Butter – I recommend using salted butter since you wont be adding any additional salt to this dip. Also, it needs to be softened to room temperature as well for this dessert dip recipe.
how to make cookie dough dip
One of my favorite things about this dip is how simple it is to make and quickly it comes together. There’s a reason so many of my new recipes are dips – I like easy!
This super easy dip starts with beating together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. I like to do this in a stand mixer to get it nice ad smooth but a hand mixer works too.
Just make sure both are softened to room temperature before you do this or you’ll end up with either chunks or butter or cream cheese. Or both.
Then add the powdered sugar and brown sugar and mix well. Once that’s mixed, add the vanilla extract and mix again until smooth.
Now stir in the chocolate chips by hand until well mixed. I recommend doing this by hand so you don’t end up breaking all of the chocolate chips with the stand mixer. If you really want to use a stand mixer, mix them in on low speed.
Once the chocolate chips are mixed in, if you have time, put in the fridge to chill for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors sit together. You can also transfer it to a small bowl before chilling if you don’t want to use the bowl from your electric mixer.
If you don’t have the time to wait for this tasty dip to chill, you can always eat it right away too. It’ll still taste delicious and like edible cookie dough in dip form, it just won’t be quite as set. If you aren’t serving for a long time, you can just cover with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator until just before you’re ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite dippers like fresh fruit, salty snacks like pretzel rods, or even sweet treats like honey graham crackers, animal crackers, Vanilla wafers, or chocolate chip cookies.
What to dip in cookie dough dip
One of the age old questions I get asked all the time when I shared an easy dessert dip like this one (especially on TikTok) is what do you dip in it?
With this decadent dip that tastes like chocolate chip cookies, the dipping possibilities are pretty endless. Some of my favorites include:
- Fresh fruit – strawberries and apples or anything else you’d dip in this fruit dip
- Sweet crackers – things like graham crackers (or even chocolate graham crackers) and animal crackers are both great.
- Salty items – if you like the sweet salty combo, then this is really good with things like pretzels (in any form) or other hard salty snacks.
- Sweets – if you really want to go the sweet route, you can always dip other sweet cookies in this like shortbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, those cookie sticks, and more. You could also even try something like marshmallows or rice krispie treats if you really want.
Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Chill for at least 15 minutes before serving to let the flavors really set together if possible. If not possible, you can serve right away as long as it’s mixed together well.
Remove from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for at least 5-10 minutes before serving if serving from chilled. You want to let the creamy flavors get back to being nice and soft and scoopable.
Mix it up for different occasions by adding in other mix-ins like crushed candy canes, toffee pieces, and nuts.
This chocolate chip cookie dough dip does not freeze well. If you want more for later, just make up a new batch.
You can make this up to two days in advance of serving and it’s actually even better if you let it chill overnight. So go ahead and make it ahead of time!
More Dessert Dips
If dessert dips are your guilty pleasure like they are, the good news is that I have tons of yummy dessert dips to try for next time! Add these to your to try next.
- Caramel apple dip – this creamy dip is perfect for dipping with apples! Plus the toffee bits on the top are a great addition.
- Funfetti dip – this simple dessert dip is great for birthdays with its sprinkle toppings!
- Dunkaroo dip – the best part about this dip (other than it tasting great) is the nostalgic feeling you get when you enjoy this Dunkaroo inspired treat!
- Cannoli dip recipe – this one also has chocolate chips but with a totally different cannoli inspired flavor!
- Strawberry dip – this strawberry shortcake dip tastes just like strawberry shortcake but in dip form!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet, dark, milk, or white all work)
- dipping items such as pretzels, cookies, graham crackers, fruit
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.8 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup salted butter
- Add the powdered sugar and brown sugar and mix well.1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Add the vanilla extract and mix again.1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand until well mixed. Place in the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes (if you have time).1 cup chocolate chips
- Serve with your favorite dipping items such as pretzels, cookies, graham crackers, or fruit.dipping items such as pretzels, cookies, graham crackers, fruit