These fun DIY Encanto Easter baskets are perfect for any kid (or adult) who loves Disney’s Encanto movie! Plus, tons of creative ideas for things to put in the Encanto themed Easter baskets for the entire family Madrigal!
Sponsored by: shopDisney. All opinions and ideas are 100% honest and my own.
If you haven’t been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen Disney’s 2021 hit Encanto and probably heard all of the songs. If nothing else, I’m sure you’ve heard someone say (or sing) we don’t talk about Bruno since the movie’s release last November.
My family (and tons of others out there) is a bit obsessed.
And for good reason – the movie has it all. Amazing music (thanks Lin-Manuel Miranda), bright colors, animals, magic, and a girl just trying to find where she belongs.
Similar to when Frozen came out a while ago (and then Moana as well), I don’t think Encanto and the love for Encanto is going anywhere anytime soon.
With Easter right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create some Encanto Easter baskets for my boys and my nieces.
They were so much fun to make and my boys are already asking if they can have them now after helping with pictures!
Encanto Easter Baskets
There are so many fun characters to choose from in Encanto that I had a hard time coming up with who I wanted to use to inspire my Easter baskets.
Mirabel of course since she’s the star of the show.
And Antonio because my boys love animals. I mean have you seen my animal scavenger hunt!?
But the third one was pretty tough to decide. Tia Pepa would’ve been fun to do a weather themed basket, Julieta would’ve been fun to be a baking basket, and Luisa would’ve been fun for all sorts of reasons.
But ultimately I decided to go with Isabela because I just love her and Mirabel’s scene where they end up looking like they had a chalk fight or just did a color run. Plus, cactuses.
Mirabel Easter Basket
I really wanted Mirabel’s Easter basket to remind you of her dress – the fun colors, the butterflies, and just the flowy upbeat nature of it.
I started with a white basket, added some purple, teal, and black ribbon. Oh and some really fun blue ball ribbon that reminded me of her earrings.
And last, I added some butterflies of course!
I love how it all turned out – even the ribbons at the bottom made me think of her dress floating as she runs and sings along!
Mirabel Easter Basket Fillers
I tried to put a similar number of items in each of the baskets. shopDisney has a fun collection of Encanto toys, apparel, and other goodies, so I started by basket filling there.
For Mirabel, I had to have this singing Mirabel doll. My niece is always singing, and I know she’ll love it!
I also added this cute Encanto purse because Mirabel doesn’t go anywhere without her fun bag. Plus, this pretty ruffled purple spread your wings shirt with the cool butterfly on the back.
I also grabbed these Elsa sunglasses – I thought they looked similar to Mirabel’s glasses and the only thing that makes them Frozen is a small little mark on one of the glasses, seemed pretty perfect to me!
Last but not least, I grabbed a set of fun pins that say Be Strong, Be You, and Be Kind. They seemed to fit everything that Maribel is, and I knew my niece would love them!
I finished off Maribel’s basket with some butterfly candies, a butterfly box filled with block candies (since she helps put the house back together), a butterfly puzzle, and some metallic eggs.
Isabela Easter basket
When I was trying to come up with an idea for Isa’s basket, I knew I wanted it to be pretty and graceful like she is. I saw this pastel purple basket with all of the loops and thought it was perfect.
I added some pink rose ribbon to the bottom of the basket as well as some to the handle (for the pink bows in her hair).
And I finished it off with none other than a not so prickly cactus.
Isabela Easter Basket Fillers
Honestly, I could’ve filled ten Easter baskets inspired by Isabela. There are so many fun things you could do with her flowers, her cactuses, and just all the colors! I really had to limit my self so I wouldn’t go totally overboard!
I started out again with some things from shopDisney including this super fun paint your own Encanto bag kit that I know my 10-year-old niece who loves crafty things will adore!
Then I had to get this Isabela doll that comes with all sorts of fun flowers and cactus + flower combinations.
Her basket also got this fun pink Encanto shirt – there are a ton of different Encanto apparel options to choose from, but I thought the pink was perfect with Isabela’s color combos. shopDisney just added this Isabela shirt that would be perfect as well!
I also grabbed a set of this Encanto I’m Blawesome Blush (it’s a really pretty pink) and these Encanto makeup brushes – perfect for my tween niece – and also really pretty!
I finished off Isabela’s basket with some rose flavored treats, chalk bombs (for that color fight), cactus taffy (that was colored pink and purple), and flower Easter eggs.
Antonio Easter Basket
I had a vision of what I wanted Antonio’s basket to look like from the start. My vision was trying to recreate his jungle of a room and while I’m not sure I necessarily created a jungle, I thought the basket turned out really fun.
My boys both love it so I’m calling it a win!
To decorate the basket, I just grabbed some fake greenery from my local craft store along with some leopard print ribbon.
The greenery got hot glued to a yellow/brown basket (to match Antonio’s clothes) and the ribbon got wrapped around the top and the handle.
For the finishing touch, I added a little toucan animal toy to the handle and a snake slithering on the side. My son wasn’t too excited that I used a snake he plays with regularly but hey he’ll get it back for Easter anyway!
Antonio Easter Basket Fillers
Antonio’s basket was probably the easiest of all of them to fill. shopDisney sells a bunch of Encanto stuffed animals that come straight from Antonio’s room and then I just went animals, animals, animals!
I grabbed the jaguar plush (he was bigger than I was imagining, but my boys will love it) as well as the toucan plush. I really wanted this chispi plush but just didn’t think I could squeeze in all three.
They also have a really fun Antonio plush doll but again – no space!
I also added in these fun Antonio inspired group chat pajamas that have a ton of the animals from the movie. My baby is going to love them!
Finally, I finished off Antonio’s basket with some gummy snakes, animal crackers (of course), a tube of plastic animals, and animal print eggs.
Other Encanto Easter Basket Ideas
While I only did three of the main characters, I brainstormed ideas for a bunch of the others so thought I’d share those as well!
- Pepa – her mood controls the weather so anything weather related – umbrellas, scarves, sunglasses, swimming suit, etc. You could even use a rainboot as the base for the Easter basket!
- Julieta – she heals with her food so anything food related, especially if it’s for Latin food like an empanada maker, measuring spoons (I love these ones from shopDisney), baked goods, etc.
- Bruno – I really wanted to do a Bruno basket, especially after seeing all of these fun we don’t talk about Bruno shirts but decided to just stick with the kids. If I’d done one, I would’ve done things with sand like sand art and kinetic sand, gummy rats, puzzles, and a basket covered with a hooded towel.
- Dolores – she has super hearing so anything related to hearing – headphones, earplugs, earmuffs, anything to make music
- Luisa – she’s super strong but also under too much pressure so I’d had the idea to do rock candy, a rock digging activity, rock painting, diamond paintings, unicorn cotton candy, and anything to help with fitness/strength.
- Camilo – Camilo is a tough one because he’s a shape shifter but we know he likes to sneak treats so you could do snacks and then do something from each of the other people’s baskets since he tends to shift into other people.
Which one would you like to see next if I make more?
more Fun Disney Ideas
- Princess party games – tons of fun princess party games, perfect for hosting your very own princess party!
- Disney themed party – a fun party with a Walt Disney World theme plus lots of cute Disney World food!
- Disney would you rather – fun Disney themed would you rather questions, great for kids and adults!
- Mickey Mouse cake pops – a yummy recipe for the iconic Mickey mouse cake pops you see in Disney parks!
- Moana printables – tons of printable games and activities from the movie Moana
Leave a Comment