Once upon a time I had a baby myself. It’s been a couple of years now but since then I’ve been to plenty of baby showers and seen plenty of books given as baby shower gifts.
And honestly, three years later I have a much better perspective on which books make good baby shower gifts and which ones don’t. These 25 all make the cut and honestly are some of my absolute favorite children’s books anyway! So here you go, 25 of the best books for baby showers!
If you don’t want to do books, how about a diaper cake instead? Use this simple DIY diaper cake tutorial to make a book themed diaper cake!
I broke them up into categories (interactive, educational, etc.) in case you already have an idea of what type of book you’re looking for and just needed ideas. I think it’s fun to give a couple of books, all different types!
What books would you add to the list?
The Best Books for Baby Showers
Best Books for Baby Showers: Interactive Books
- The fun finger puppet books like this Five Little Monkeys one
- Fish Kisses by Marianne Richmond (my all-time favorite book for bedtime)
- Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt or another simple touch and feel book
- Peek-A-Who by Nina Laden
- Where’s Ellie (or another hide-and-seek type book) by Salina Yoon
- If Animals Kissed Goodnight by Ann Whitford Paul
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- Any lift and flap books, just be cautioned that often times they are lift and flap books one time only. Babies (and toddlers) love to rip things off, so I’m pretty sure all of our lift/flap ones that rip no longer have flaps.
Best Books for Baby Showers: Educational Books
- First 100 Words by Roger Priddy
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr
- 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle
- Charley Harper ABCs
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See by Eric Carle
- Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins
Best Books for Baby Showers: Classics
- The Very Hungry Catepillar by Eric Carle
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- A nursery rhyme book of some sort (my son loves this one by Roger Priddy)
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Best Books for Baby Showers: Silly & Fun Books
- Anything at all from Dr. Seuss, but my favorites are the ones with good rhyming schemes and Oh Baby, Go Baby
- Any book by Sandra Boynton but Pajama Time was my son’s favorite (I even did a Pajama Time themed 1st birthday!)
- Your Baby’s First Word Will be Dada by Jimmy Fallon
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino