This mini Oreo cheesecake recipe is like Oreos combined with your favorite cheesecake combined with peanut butter cups! They’re super easy to make and absolutely delicious!
And I love Oreos. These easy Oreo truffles are one of my personal favorite new recipes I’ve shared this year.
Combine all three of those things together with a little peanut butter swirl (like in these s’more bars) and you get this yummy mini Oreo cheesecake recipe!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Oreo crust – anything is better with an Oreo crust, well except maybe homemade apple pie.
- Peanut butter swirl – the peanut butter swirl makes these taste almost like a peanut butter cup, but with cheesecake!
- Super easy to make – crush the Oreos, mix the filling, and bake. That’s it!
- Easy to make ahead – these store great in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them. Make them the day ahead to lessen your cooking on actual event day!
- Almond extract – I love the smell of almond extract, and it adds a nice little pop of flavor to this mini Oreo cheesecake.
- Oreos – you can use any Oreos in these, but I recommend ones without a strong filling flavor (e.g., not peppermint) since the filling flavors tends to stay on the cookies. If you have leftovers, try out these layered brownies with the extras!
- Peanut butter – make sure this is creamy peanut butter, and I’d recommend staying away from the all natural sugar free stuff that really separates. You want it to be nice and creamy without having to mix it all together.
- Cream cheese – use the full fat, full sugar kind since it’s such a key component of this dish. It is cheesecake after all.
- Butter – you want unsalted butter that’s melted to mix with the crumbs.
Before you start making the cheesecake, preheat your oven to 325°F and line a muffin pan with paper liners. The liners will help your Oreo crusts stay together when baked.
Start by turning your Oreos into Oreo crumbs by pulsing in a food processor until they are crumbs.
Mix the Oreo crumbs and melted butter together for the crust. Divide mix evenly between muffin cup liners and press firmly to form the crusts.
Make the cheesecake by beating the cream cheese and sugar together for about minutes.
Add the eggs, peanut butter and almond extract and mix until smooth and fluffy.
Pour some cheesecake mixture over crust in each individual cup.
Put them in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. They’re done when the cheesecake just starts to brown.
Let cool completely, then garnish with Oreos or crushed Oreos on top before serving.
You can buy store-bought Oreo crumbs, just like graham cracker crumbs, if you don’t have a food processor. Otherwise, I typically use the cookie part of 12 Oreos.
Process the Oreo crumbs until they’re crumbs, not big chunks. You want it to combine well with the butter and turn into a nice crust.
Press the crust down lightly with a flat measuring cup to create a flat and secure crust. Add your cheesecake filling on top.
Don’t over bake. Remove from the oven as soon as they start to brown.
The mini cheesecake will start to get brown on the top. Take them out as soon as they begin to brown so they don’t over bake and get tough.
The top of these cheesecakes will sink slightly but otherwise the combination of the ingredients, including the peanut butter, should bake fine without sinking.
These would be great topped with crushed Oreos, a chocolate drizzle, or for the holidays – a couple of sugared cranberries.
More Easy Cream Cheese Desserts
If you like cream cheese and cheesecake, you’re going to love these other delicious desserts!
- Striped delight – my all-time favorite desserts combines a layer of graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, and chocolate!
- Easy peach cake – this yummy cake starts with yellow cake then gets topped with a cream cheese layer and fresh peaches. So good!
- Cherry cheesecake cookies – a simple sugar cookie made even better with cheesecake filling and cherry topping!
- Peanut butter pie – peanut butter, cream cheese, and everything good mixed together in one amazing pie recipe!
- Chocolate chip zucchini bread – this classic recipe gets an update with the addition of cream cheese that keeps it super moist!
Mini Oreo Cheesecake with Peanut Butter Swirls
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs or 12 Oreo cookies (not filling)
- 3 TBS unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place cupcake liners in each cup of a muffin pan.
- If you are using Oreos, pulse just the cookies (not the filling) in a food processor until you have crumbs. Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter, then divide evenly between cups and press crumb mixture into to bottom of each liner with a flat bottomed measuring cup.
Make cheesecake filling
- Combine cream cheese and sugar then beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, peanut butter and almond extract and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust in each cup.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until cheesecakes begin to brown.
- Let cool completely, then garnish with crushed Oreos and serve!